[SOLVED][REQ][FORMATTED] New Players List

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by np98765, May 5, 2012.

1. Offline

np98765

Plugin category: ADMN?

Suggested name: NewPlayers (or whatever; I don't really care)

A bit about me: I own a small server named LavaCraft. Not much else :p

What I want: A lightweight plugin that lists the new players in 'x' amount of hours. This is so that way I can have Moderators look them up with McBans. Instead of me going through the console and searching for "Creating empty config", I can have my Moderators just go /newplayers 24 or whatever and get all the new players that logged on within the last 24 hours. To keep it lightweight, you could make it rely on Essentials (if that helps). Maybe look at 'firstlogintime' or whatever is in the player config. Or, if its possible, look at the date that the player.yml was created (or player.dat, if you're not using Essentials). I don't really know how to explain HOW to do it, sorry... I just have the idea :D

Ideas for commands: /newplayers, /newplayerlist, /npl, /newbies, /noobs, etc. I don't care.

Ideas for permissions: newplayers.lookup or newplayerlist.search or whatever. Again, it's up to you, my fine fellow :D

When I'd like it by: Sssssssoon...

2. Offline

chaseoes

I might be able to make this a feature in FirstJoinPlus for you. ;)

3. Offline

np98765

Still, I'd like a stabdalone plugin that only has this feature. Your plugin looks great, but I personally don't need it.

That's why I wanted a standalone

Does anyone know a current plugin that might do this? I can't find one...

Thanks!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  4. Offline

MrAverage

I'll have a look around and if I can't find anything I code it up for ya.

5. Offline

np98765

Yay thank you :D

I couldn't find anything, but maybe you'll hve better luck (or eyes :p)

6. Offline

MrAverage

I'm not seeing anything that does only what you want. I'll post a download link in a little bit.

I haven't forgotten about you. :) I thought this would be simpler than it turned out to be. I have the majority of the plugin finished, but my brain is fried for the evening. All that's left is to come up with a good way to parse dates/times to allow for searching easily within a specified time limit without putting strain on the server. I'm confident I will have a solution tomorrow.

Also, this will be incredibly light weight when it's done. It has two features: the one that you asked for, as well and one that allows for checking on an individual player's join date/time.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  7. Offline

np98765

Wow, so quickly! Can't wait :D

8. Offline

np98765

That's a great feature to include :p It would be nice to know when they first joined, smart idea!

9. Offline

MrAverage

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Let me know how it works! I've done some testing but I don't have a big server to test numerous people. If your spawn world is named "world" you don't even have to touch the config.

EDIT: Oh! and by the way, the people who joined the server before you install it will show up as "date unavailable." Just a heads up. I'm going to make the output a little nicer and add the join dates next to the output. I'll let you know when that's done =P

Commands:
    /nooblist [integer] <h/d>
    /nooblist join [playername]
    or
    /nl [integer] <h/d>
    /nl join [playername]

Permission:
    nooblist.list (defaulted to true)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2016
  10. Offline

np98765

[quote uid=90652483 name="MrAverage" post=1111952]<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Let me know how it works! I've done some testing but I don't have a big server to test numerous people. If your spawn world is named "world" you don't even have to touch the config.

EDIT: Oh! and by the way, the people who joined the server before you install it will show up as "date unavailable." Just a heads up. I'm going to make the output a little nicer and add the join dates next to the output. I'll let you know when that's done =P

Commands:
    /nooblist [integer] <h/d>
    /nooblist join [playername]
    or
    /nl [integer] <h/d>
    /nl join [playername]

Permission:
    nooblist.list (defaulted to true)[/quote]

Coolness! I'll be testing this in a bit

EDIT: Tested it out. '/nooblist join' works, but when I try to use '/nooblist x h' or whatever it gives me the error (attached). Everything else works!

P.S. I like how you set up the 'help' part, it looks great :D And I like the alias as well!

Attached Files:

11. Offline

np98765

12. Offline

MrAverage

Would have responded sooner, but my internet has been down for over 6 hours. That looks like one of my debug outputs. I think I might have sent you the wrong compile. Try...
    Go ahead and mark this thread as solved and pm me. We'll continue to troubleshoot from there that way we aren't constantly bumping this.

13. Offline

np98765

[quote uid=90652483 name="MrAverage" post=1112358]Would have responded sooner, but my internet has been down for over 6 hours. That looks like one of my debug outputs. I think I might have sent you the wrong compile. Try...
    Go ahead and mark this thread as solved and pm me. We'll continue to troubleshoot from there that way we aren't constantly bumping this.[/quote]

Alright, closed :D Good thinking.

I'll try this one in a little bit (sorry, in a rush to leave :p)