[solved] Problem using CB/B git repository instead of CB.jar as build path

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Njol, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Njol

Hello everyone,
    today I tried to use Bukkit's, CB's and the mc-dev git repository directly instead of linking to the jar, which succeeded mostly, but I get these two errors in Eclipse:
    Code:
    1) The type net.minecraft.server.Item cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
    2) The return types are incompatible for the inherited methods Plugin.getDatabase(), JavaPlugin.getDatabase()
    I believe that both errors are caused by duplicate files in CB/mc-dev an CB/B respectively, but I have no clue on how to make Eclipse only use one file...

edit while writing the post: I could resolve the first error by linking to the mc server jar instead of the decompiled sources, which gives me another error:
    Code:
    The type com.avaje.ebean.EbeanServer cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
    This looks like it's the same problem as issue 2) above.

Is it possible that it's because of Maven that the libraries are added twice even if they link to the exact same files?

I could resolve the issue by changing my project to a Maven project and setting B, CB and mc-server as dependencies, but now I have the problem that Maven can't find the sources or javadocs. This was easy to solve by setting the cloned git repos as sources, but I don't know what will happen to the settings when Bukkit updates.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.