[SOLVED] plugin.yml, crashing server???

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Seadragon91, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Seadragon91

This is a example of a plugin.yml

Code:
    name: Porter
    main: me.lukas.porter.Porter
    version: 0.1 alpha

commands:
        home:
            description:
            usage: /<command>
    How you can see I have no text by the description. If I try to run the server with the plugin. I get that errors:

Code:
    16:43:16 [SCHWERWIEGEND] java.lang.NullPointerException: null value
    16:43:16 [SCHWERWIEGEND]        at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNot
    Null(Preconditions.java:204)
    16:43:16 [SCHWERWIEGEND]        at com.google.common.collect.ImmutableMap.entryO
    f(ImmutableMap.java:139)
    16:43:16 [SCHWERWIEGEND]        at com.google.common.collect.ImmutableMap$Builde
    r.put(ImmutableMap.java:178)
    16:43:16 [SCHWERWIEGEND]        at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.loadM
    ap(PluginDescriptionFile.java:214)
    16:43:16 [SCHWERWIEGEND]        at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.<init
    >(PluginDescriptionFile.java:40)
    16:43:16 [SCHWERWIEGEND]        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPl
    uginDescription(JavaPluginLoader.java:198)
    16:43:16 [SCHWERWIEGEND]        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlu
    gins(SimplePluginManager.java:132)
    16:43:16 [SCHWERWIEGEND]        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin
    s(CraftServer.java:206)
    16:43:16 [SCHWERWIEGEND]        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(Cra
    ftServer.java:182)
    16:43:16 [SCHWERWIEGEND]        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManag
    er.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:53)
    16:43:16 [SCHWERWIEGEND]        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(Min
    ecraftServer.java:147)
    16:43:16 [SCHWERWIEGEND]        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(Mine
    craftServer.java:407)
    16:43:16 [SCHWERWIEGEND]        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.
    run(SourceFile:465)
    16:43:16 [SCHWERWIEGEND] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException: null value
            at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:
    204)
            at com.google.common.collect.ImmutableMap.entryOf(ImmutableMap.java:139)

at com.google.common.collect.ImmutableMap$Builder.put(ImmutableMap.java:
    178)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.loadMap(PluginDescriptionFile
    .java:214)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.<init>(PluginDescriptionFile.
    java:40)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPlug
    inLoader.java:198)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:132)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:206)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:182)
            at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigur
    ationManager.java:53)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:147)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:407)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    After I added a text to the description I get no more errors.

My question can someone post here a link to a page, how I have to build a fine plugin.yml that do not let the server crashing...

Ty,
    Seadragon91

2. Offline

NuclearW

Not sure what sort of link you want, you seem to have found the answer to the problems yourself, you must simply provide a description now as an empty one is not accepted.

3. Offline

Seadragon91

I taked a look into ci.bukkit.org, the error is fixed a few minutes ago, is now solved...

4. Offline

kozec

Is this some new way how to punish us for running bukkit? I have small server with few plugins installed and can't get it up after upgrade to R6 because of this exact error.
    Why is description required and how am I supposed to guess witch plugin has command without it?

5. Offline

Zenolijo

Same here, waiting for a sollution.
    Need to update from 1.1 R-4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.