[SOLVED] Need help with plugin.yml Error

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Luloak2, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Luloak2

I have a very bad error I cannot resolve...I have a plugin.yml file, everything is right, the correct points, no tabs ect, but if I start my server after I had compiled, it says:
    Code:
    2012-06-20 18:13:42 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\RottenEating.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidDescriptionException: Invalid plugin.yml
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPluginLoader.java:194)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:132)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:213)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:189)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:53)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:166)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:432)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Jar does not contain plugin.yml
        ... 8 more
    My plugin.yml is like the following:
    Code:
    name: RottenEating
    main: me.Luloak2.RottenEating.RottenEating
    version: 1.0
    Please help me...
    I already made some plugins, but I never had that before...

2. Notice this line: "Jar does not contain plugin.yml"

Please let us know exact file name of your plugin.yml and the location you created it, maybe a screenshot?

3. Offline

Luloak2

Thanks for the fast reply, but I solved my problem.
    I just created a whole new project, copyed my files and it worked... Mysterios, isn't it??

4. I think I know why that happened. If you use an external editor other than Eclipse for editing yml files then you will have to right click your project and press refresh after you have edited your plugin.yml.

Otherwise Eclipse exports the old version of the plugin.yml which in your case was empty.

Luloak2 likes this.
  5. Offline

Luloak2

Yeh, that could have been my problem;) Thx for that, I will use the "Refresh" button next time!

6. Ok, what I did was setup up eclipse to open yml files in the built in editor. I prefer it in many ways and you don't need to refresh everytime you edit it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.