[SOLVED] Incredibly Laggy Area

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Hunt800, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Hunt800

We've got one area on our server that causes the entire thing to crash if even one player goes near it. What are some ways I could get rid of it, since walking near the area in the game only crashes everything.

2. Offline

Nathan C

Maybe tons of floating items laying on the ground or even animals/mobs?

3. Offline

Hunt800

No, it's been there for A WHILE... Like, through multiple restarts.

4. Offline

andrewkm

Start a new map.
    "Omg what shitty advice man!"
    ---
    Its the advice i once got 2 months ago as well when i had some horrible chunk issues, hard fps drop issues in certain areas that i just couldnt fix, ect. And with tons users at the time seemed impossible. (Not now cause everyone getting outdated server lol, darn nobody listens to my dont update advice :p) You name it, i tried it though, deleting, replacing chunks, fixing chunks, worldedit tools to find the problem changing this and that, mcedit, god i dunno, i tried it all though. In the end, i went back to that advice I got, started a new map, and after about 2-3 weeks, my users couldnt be happier. A fresh start ended up being great.
    -
    I dunno if you do wanna mess around though, just use McEdit.

5. Offline

Hunt800

D: we might end up with that. There's one other thing I have to try though. As it turns out, one of my users just happened to forget to tell me about a 7 layer cacti farm right near the area of lag. At the moment, he's going to try and put a cacti at the end of the conveyor belt, so that the ground won't be littered with two chestfulls of cacti drops. Hopefully that'll solve it.

6. Offline

ServerLag

put a fence around it so no one goes in it

7. Offline

andrewkm

Auto cacti farms can be killer! We used to have so many untill i banned the usage of cactus.
    Honestly man here is what you need to do. Backup your entire server. Schedule a downtime (If you got many users) temporarily remove the whitelist (If you use one) so only you can join, and go nuts with worldedit, in your problem area.
    -
    //wand -> //sel cuboid -> //cut -> you know the drill im sure :)
    Just go around that area, especially that cacti farm, and delete things/areas you think would cause the issues, starting with that farm. (keep f3 on and see if any major fps changes occur when messin around :p)
    -
    If thats no help, throw the map on your single player in %appdata% -> .minecraft and use mcedit to mess with the chunks, joining the map in single player from time to time to see if the fps is changed in that area.
    -
    If nothin works, well.... :(

8. Offline

Hunt800

Yeah, I had the user drop a lava block at the end of his conveyor. Problem solved! XD

9. Offline

andrewkm

:) yay!
    Glad you resolved it without a new map.

10. Offline

Phaedrus

I had a similar problem with a redstone circuit that a user created that made a set of doors go nuts slamming open and closed. once a broke the circuit lap improved drastically in the area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.