Problem/Bug [Solved] Dates & Times are Currently Broken

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by ipodtouch0218, Oct 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ipodtouch0218

Whenever I'm viewing dates from thread replies, it seems to not say the month.
    When viewing recent dates, so it says the day of the week, it appears without the AM/PM:
    Any ideas why this may happen?

I haven't seen anyone report this yet, maybe it's just my side? Not sure....

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  2. Offline

Lolmewn

I'm guessing AM/PM is through 24hr notation. No clue about the month though.

3. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@Lolmewn it's not. I noticed something looked off today too.

4. Offline

Lolmewn

Yeah I noticed it later, too, but didn't want to double-post about it :p

5. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@Lolmewn oh yeah. Something is 100% wrong. Take a look at this screenshot and look at the post date of the last announcement. LOL

Screen Shot 2016-10-07 at 12.59.44 PM.png (Click for full. The retina screen on my mac makes screenshots huge.)

6. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

They are looking into it

7. Offline

Lolmewn

Such looking
    Very into
    Many no fix :c
    Wow

8. Offline

jthort

9. Offline

Lolmewn

*clears throat*
    Ahem, status update please? "They are looking into it" doesn't cut it anymore after eeeh.. well, I don't know how long since it doesn't display post dates correctly :')

C.L. and I Al Istannen like this.
  10. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@Lolmewn this is going to turn into the next javadoc site, isn't it?

ipodtouch0218 likes this.
  11. Offline

Lolmewn

It already has. What's the status on that again? :')

12. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@Lolmewn it was brought back up a year and a half / 2 years later.

13. Offline

LordDarthBob

Nothing will be fixed. This site is going full entropy, time for r/SpilledBukkit.

Lolmewn and jthort like this.
  14. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@LordDarthBob, clearly. Just look at the amount of ads the site is loading... And I have curse premium, so the ads should be disabled. XD

Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 10.08.01 PM.png

15. Offline

LordDarthBob

@Tecno_Wizard
    In ye olden days, things were innocent. Skeltals went 'toot toot', usenet had users, and many http's were typed.
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

But then came Google AdSense...
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

(I wonder how much of our national bandwidth is leeched by popup videos and clickbait ads.)

16. Offline

Necrodoom_V2

I dont even know how Curse managed to break this, considering they never uploaded any update to the forums in the last year or so.

17. Offline

Lolmewn

I was thinking the same. Another admin account taken over perhaps? I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

ipodtouch0218 likes this.
  18. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@Lolmewn another account that I had never seen logged in around the time that this happened. I believe it was afterwords though.

Regardless, they don't care to fix it. This forum is a lost cause that is going to die, despite the fact that it holds a TON of information.

19. Offline

lol768

This is caused by missing phrases. Specifically, we have code like this which is going wrong:

PHP:
    $post['month'] = new XenForo_Phrase('month_'.$post['month'].'_short'); // used for XenPorta, falls back to month_00_short
    case 'M'$output .= $phrases['month_' $month '_short']; continue; // used in XenForo itself, the phrase isn't in the array so we get nothing appended to the string which removes the month
    For whatever reason, the phrases seem to have been deleted on this site. For the AM/PM issue, it would appear to be the same cause:

PHP:
    case 'a'$output .= $phrases[($hour >= 12 'time_pm_lower' 'time_am_lower')]; continue;
    case 
    'A'$output .= $phrases[($hour >= 12 'time_pm_upper' 'time_am_upper')]; continue;
    To fix, a Curse admin needs to recreate/reimport these phrases. To make this as easy as possible I've exported the relevant phrases from a working install:

HTML:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <language title="English (US)" date_format="M j, Y" time_format="g:i A" decimal_point="." thousands_separator="," language_code="en-US" text_direction="LTR" addon_id="XenForo">
      <phrase title="month_10_short" global_cache="1" version_id="0" version_string=""><![CDATA[Oct]]></phrase>
      <phrase title="month_11_short" global_cache="1" version_id="0" version_string=""><![CDATA[Nov]]></phrase>
      <phrase title="month_12_short" global_cache="1" version_id="0" version_string=""><![CDATA[Dec]]></phrase>
      <phrase title="month_1_short" global_cache="1" version_id="0" version_string=""><![CDATA[Jan]]></phrase
      <phrase title="month_2_short" global_cache="1" version_id="0" version_string=""><![CDATA[Feb]]></phrase>
      <phrase title="month_3_short" global_cache="1" version_id="0" version_string=""><![CDATA[Mar]]></phrase>
      <phrase title="month_4_short" global_cache="1" version_id="0" version_string=""><![CDATA[Apr]]></phrase>
      <phrase title="month_5_short" global_cache="1" version_id="0" version_string=""><![CDATA[May]]></phrase>
      <phrase title="month_6_short" global_cache="1" version_id="0" version_string=""><![CDATA[Jun]]></phrase>
      <phrase title="month_7_short" global_cache="1" version_id="0" version_string=""><![CDATA[Jul]]></phrase>
      <phrase title="month_8_short" global_cache="1" version_id="0" version_string=""><![CDATA[Aug]]></phrase>
      <phrase title="month_9_short" global_cache="1" version_id="0" version_string=""><![CDATA[Sep]]></phrase>
      <phrase title="time_pm_lower" global_cache="1" version_id="0" version_string=""><![CDATA[pm]]></phrase>
      <phrase title="time_pm_upper" global_cache="1" version_id="0" version_string=""><![CDATA[PM]]></phrase>
      <phrase title="time_am_lower" global_cache="1" version_id="0" version_string=""><![CDATA[am]]></phrase>
      <phrase title="time_am_upper" global_cache="1" version_id="0" version_string=""><![CDATA[AM]]></phrase>
    </language>
    As far as I can see: all that needs to be done is export the existing language, merge in the above and then reimport.

ipodtouch0218, mbaxter and bwfcwalshy like this.
  20. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@lol768 Everything's back to normal, folks! Only took a little more than a month!

21. Offline

lol768

Many thanks to @Telshin for sorting this.

mbaxter, oceantheskatr and timtower like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.