[Solution] World and Region Sizes

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by SamV522, Sep 21, 2011.

?

Is this a reasonable solution?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I find there is no problem with wold sizes.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Offline

SamV522

So, my multiplayer is usually home to me and a few mates, and we generally do a lot of exploring, and a lot of building and we end up with a rather large world that tends to lag once it gets big enough, seeing as though its only hosted on my home computer, so I was doing some brain storming with one of my said friends not too long ago, and we came up with a bit of a solution, which I'll summarise into the below dot points.
    • Regions "expire"
    • After x Days, the regions are marked as inactive, and are "archived" or deleted
    • When a region is archived, players can vote to bring the region back, hence the importance of a region name, and a human-readable date/time code
    • When a region is deleted, it is permanently deleted (perhaps archived then deleted after x days (perhaps a month of residing in the archives?)
    • A region maintains its "active" flag via players entering/exiting the region, if a player hasn't entered/exited a region for x days, then the region is processed for archiving/deletion.
    • The code should include admin tools to allow simple-region names, as well as controls to archive/delete/restore regions.
    • A nice future feature would be the ability to have a sign before the region stating the name of the region and when it was archived, so players are able to vote for the restoration of the region.

2. Offline

Zaros

Use the button (thread tools) above your post to change the topic name.

3. Offline

SamV522

haha, damn... I got all excited. Thanks though.

4. Offline

SamV522

Sorry to bump this but can someone please look into this?