so mysql?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by mrvertigo27, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mrvertigo27

first off lets squash some FAQ

craftbukkit 953
    Windows 7 64 bit
    64 bit java recent build (1.6.0_25-b06)
    no wrappers no gui

Code:
    java -Xmx6000M -Xms6000M -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar nogui
    to run it system has 12 gig max (i only mention so you dont think im trying to use ALL my ram for this lol)amd phenom 2 proc decent clock speed

alright now i noticed in the bukkit config files it uses a sqllite database. can I and if so how can i swap that out for a mysql database? im looking to squeese as much performance out of this as I can.

(edit)
    i just realized how bad the title looks and sounds please dont hate me i am a bit sleep deprived I do not know how to change it on these boards i will look though

2. Offline

krinsdeath

Unless your server is insanely massive and has ridiculous amounts of IO (plugins that utilize stats and update them often, ala MCMMO), you won't notice a difference between SQLite and MySQL, and in fact SQLite will likely be faster in a limited scope anyway.

in short: I doubt it will mean much if you swap, so I suggest not fixing what isn't broken.

3. Offline

mrvertigo27

well i am already using mysql for big brother and am about to give npcx a go (though im starting to worry about doing all that setup then having to start again in 1.8)

I am worried about performance however my larger concern is my insane need to be organized and not having 12 solutions to the same problem.

I understand what your saying however is there a resource someone might be able to point me to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.