Snowballs of Awesome

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by IdealIdeas, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Offline

IdealIdeas

So you can enchant snowballs with fire aspect (at least in creative as far as I know), but throwing the snowballs dont seem to set mobs on fire... Hitting them with it like a sword does though.

What I want:
    - Snowballs with enchants work when thrown. Whether it be knockback, sharpness, fire ascpect, ect...
    - If you attack a mob with a snowball by melee, it consumes a snowball, as to prevent abusing the enchants since the snowballs dont have a durability.
    - Snowballs need to either stack to 32 or 64 to make them more usable.
    - If carrying a bow and snowballs instead of arrows, players can shoot 5 snowballs in a shotgun style. We will just say the bow is a slingshot designed for snowballs ;)

2. Offline

Me4502

When a projectile is thrown, there is no way of finding the item that was consumed.

3. Offline

RingOfStorms

What does that have to do with the request? Everything can be done that he asked for :confused:

4. Offline

Me4502

I mean, how would the itemstack that was thrown be checked?

5. Offline

slayr288

Me4502
    Track the projectile on hit.. it's possible.

6. Offline

Me4502

No.. I mean, on throw, you need to somehow work out the itemstack it was.. So you can check enchants. You can easily track it once thrown, just use metadata for that.

7. Offline

slayr288

Me4502
    Interact event, item in hand?

8. Offline

Me4502

Wow... Nevermind, I was thinking of arrows from bows.

RingOfStorms likes this.
  9. Offline

IdealIdeas

So is anyone interested?
    in creating this?

It would also be useful if it had a permission that allowed specific players to use it.
    Im kinda making an epicly large dungeon/maze and people want to get something awesome for beating it as it is literally massive

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016