Problem/Bug Smiley faces showing up in chat

Discussion in 'General Help' started by iLiveorLose, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

iLiveorLose

Hey, I have a bit of a problem here. These smiley faces keep appearing in players' names in chat. I have a screenshot below:

http://imgur.com/a/urA2l

I use a plugin called ChatControl to format the chat and stuff, here is the line that changes chat format:

Message_Format: '%pl_prefix%pl_suffix%player &7»&r %message'

The symbol that the server puts a smiley face in front of this "»" symbol thing. I use it before the chat message (as you can see in the screenshot). I noticed that the symbol still shows up but the smiley face is also there, so I have no idea as to why this is not working. I am sure that you use "&" for the color code because I did it in another part of this plugin where it auto broadcasts messages in chat, and it works, no smiley faces. It's probably putting a face there because of the symbol, but how do I fix it AND keep the "»" symbol there too?

If you know the solution, please tell me! This has happened before except with item names and I just renamed them again and it fixed it, but that doesn't work here. Thanks very much in advance for taking the time to read this all!

2. Offline

iLiveorLose

bump

Never mind, fixed it.

3. Offline

iLiveorLose

I fixed it just before you replied, how funny xD.

What I did was just add spaces in between the prefix, suffix, and then the name. Thank you though!
    P.S. I saw your staff goodbye letter and even though I don't know who you are I've seen a couple replies from you and I am glad you are still continuing to help people on bukkit even though you retired. We appreciate you!

bwfcwalshy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.