Slow Attack Speed

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Acer_Mortem, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Acer_Mortem

Is there anyway to slow down Attack Speed? I know you can slow the animation with the Mining_Fatigue potion effect; however, you can still attack while that animation is playing, so there really is no slowdown.

2. Acer_Mortem I don't think so. You could make a manual one though? i.e. Effectively make a cooldown for being able to deal damage.

3. Offline

Acer_Mortem

That would seem like a good idea; however, the animation replays significantly, essentially ruining the effect. Is there any other way to slow the attack speed and make it seem more fluid and natural?

4. Acer_Mortem I still don't really know of one. How about you just combine the two, then? Make a manual cooldown and give them the mining fatigue effect? The amount that you should use for cooldown as well as the intensity of the effect would probably require some Maths and/or guesswork/trial & error, but it might work out.

5. Offline

Acer_Mortem

I've tried that, but the animation replays whenever you click again, and it simply looks jagged and not fluid.

6. Acer_Mortem Then sorry, but I cannot help, as I do not know how to change that. Good luck.

7. Offline

Acer_Mortem

Darn =/ Thanks anyway man!

8. Offline

khave

You may be able to use a packet (I doubt it), but as far as I know there is no way of forcing the player to play out the entire swing animation. Your best bet is as AdamQpzm said, to add a manual cooldown and add the fatigue potion effect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.