SkyConnect - Connect the top of a world to the bottom of the next

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Wesley R Tech, Jul 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Wesley R Tech

Plugin category: Mechanics

Minecraft version: 1.13

Suggested name: SkyConnect

What I want: Connect the top of one world to the bottom of the next, and visa-versa. So, if I fly upward to a certain threshold in one world, I am teleported to the bottom of the next work.

For example, I could have a skyworld positioned "above" my overworld. When I fly too high in the overworld, I end up at the bottom of skyworld. Or, if I go too low in overworld I end up in the top of hellworld

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: player.allowtransport. Can they go from one world to the next?

Ideas for config: Probably something like this:

track1:
    -skyworld
    -overworld
    -hellworld

This config makes it so if you fly upward in overworld you end up at the bottom of skyworld, but if you fall too low in overworld you end up at the top of hellworld.

Important Note: If the player rides a vehicle (like a boat or minecart) through a transfer, they should be teleported to the proper world without being booted out of their vehicle. If I ride a boat into the hellworld, I should still be in a boat when I get there!

Also, can it please transport entities as well as players?

When I'd like it by: Yesterday.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  2. Offline

Wesley R Tech

Question: Would this plugin be hard to create for any reason? It seems simple to me, but I'm not a Bukkit programmer!

3. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

You are saying that you want to transfer every entity so then it becomes pretty simple, Might actually do this. Seems simple enough.
    Will use the world heights as teleport location and a couple blocks away from that the detection range.

4. Offline

KarimAKL

5. Offline

Wesley R Tech

Very similar, yeah!

Just a few notable changes

1. Don't want it to place a block under their feet (perhaps that can simply be done in the config by changing to the placement to air?)

2. My server has both planes (just minecarts) and elytra. Some players also have permission to fly in Creative mode. So it isn't about BUILDING above the build limit, its about flying above the build limit using those devices. So in order for players to get teleported, do they have to build above the build limit? Or can they just fly there? Perhaps this isn't even a real issue, if the building aspect doesn't matter! (I'd actually like to restrict it so that it doesn't work with Elytra, but DOES work with planes and creative-mode flight.)

3. I don't know if this is implemented in your plugin, but I want players in minecarts and boats to still be in their vehicles after they teleport.

If your plugin can do that, then it seems like the perfect plugin for me! Thanks so much, I hope we can work that out!

EDIT: It also needs to be on 1.13.2, since that's what I'm running :)

That would be amazing!

What your saying sounds great. Just make sure that players remain in any vehicles they were in during transport, as well as transporting players and entities.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  6. Offline

Wesley R Tech

Hi, just checking in... have you made any progress?

7. Online

I haven't started yet.

8. Offline

Wesley R Tech

Ok, no particular rush, I'm just very excited!

9. Offline

Wesley R Tech

Hey, sorry to bug you again. Regarding the previous, will your plugin work for 1.13.2? And will it boot players from their vehicles?

Thanks again!

10. Online

@Wesley R Tech SkyConnectLikeMe, link is in my signature, checks locations every half a second for all world for all entities.
    Not sure if the server will like it, didn't test it.

11. Offline

Wesley R Tech

Hi, this didn't work...

When I fly up it doesn't teleport me.

However, for whatever reason when I respawn (after falling) I instantly get teleported to the sky world.

And, when I do get teleported in that instance, I'm not at the bottom of the sky world.

(Btw I'm testing this just with creative flight)

Thanks for giving it a try, if you can fix it that'd be awesome!

12. Online

@Wesley R Tech What height did you get to? Should be over 300.
    I am not handling respawning at all, so don't know about that one.

13. Offline

Wesley R Tech

So, I just flew up to Y=500 and no teleport. I then fell into the void (in my top world) and no teleport.

When I click respawn I respawn at around y=69 (in my bottom world) and suddenly I'm teleported to my top world

14. Online

Will look into it then.

15. Online

@Wesley R Tech I am gonna be lazy here and blame the weird minecraft coordinate system.
    Was checking on Z, not Y. Perks of being a programmer where Z is vertical.
    Try it again, same download location.
    Might need to tweak the heights though (or make them configurable)

16. Offline

Wesley R Tech

Aha, mistakes happen!

On the bright side, it's working now - when I fly up and down I go to the desired world.

However, a big problem for my application is that it doesn't work for players sitting in minecarts. I get teleported if I fly up or down conventionally. But if I fly up in one of my flying minecarts, I don't get teleported until I exit the minecart. (And the minecart isn't teleported with me)

I'm sure you can fix this... My flying minecarts can just be treated in the code as normal minecart vehicles, there's nothing special about them.

17. Online

18. Online

@Wesley R Tech So bad news, cross-world teleportation with vehicles is difficult and requires NMS, that is something I don't want to touch for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.