Skyblock - Ore Generator

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by theothecreator, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Offline

theothecreator

Plugin category: Fun

Suggested name: Skyblock - Ore

What I want:
    You know the cobblestone generator. It is boring that it only spawns cobblestone.
    I have a idea that when you mine the cobblestone, there will be a chance of other ores spawning too.

The percentage a ore will spawn:
    Cobblestone: 90%
    Coal: 5%
    Iron: 3%
    Redstone: 2%
    Lapis lazuli: 2%
    Gold: 2%
    Diamond: 1%

It is also be great if this plugin is 1.5

Ideas for commands:
    No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions:
    There will be no Permission for this plugin

When I'd like it by: Anytime

2. Offline

DemmyDemon

This is already done by OtherDrops.
    All in all, OtherDrops is a stroke of genius, and you really should check it out!

3. Offline

Zarius

DemmyDemon

theothecreator

Here's an example of the config (goes at the bottom of the otherdrops-drops.yml file):

PHP:
      COBBLESTONE

drop: [Cobblestone/1/90%, Coal/1/5%, Iron_ingot/1/3%, Redstone/1-4/2%, dye@blue/1-4/2%, Gold_ingot/1/2%, Diamond/1/1%]

# note that "redstone" = redstone dust, use "redstone_ore" if that's what you want.
    # redstone/1-4 means drop from 1 to 4 redstone dust

# dye@blue = lapis, use "lapis_ore" if you want the ore block
    Supports 1.5 and you can tweak the percentages and quantities to drop to your liking. Let me know if you need a hand with anything.

4. Offline

theothecreator

Zarius
    This is a awesome plugin, thanks for helping me :D

I put that in the config but when i use it in game it does drop nothing. i also try 90% for coal but it just gave me cobblestone all the way

COBBLESTONE:
    - drop: [Cobblestone/1/20%, Coal/1/90%, Iron_ingot/1/5%, Redstone/1-4/4%, dye@blue/1-4/4%, Gold_ingot/1/3%, Diamond/1/2%]

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  5. Offline

Zarius

That should work fine. Can you post your while otherdrops-drops.yml file to pastebin.com and post the link here?

6. Offline

theothecreator

Zarius

http://pastebin.com/Sc04tXbK

Here is the Link.

Do i need to add permission or something?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  7. Offline

Zarius

theothecreator

I can see the problem. YAML files are quite picky with indentation and the "targets" (eg. COBBLESTONE:) need to be indented under the "otherdrops:" section. In plain english that means you just need to put two spaces in front of the COBBLESTONE: line.

8. Offline

theothecreator

Zarius
    Thanks, i will test it now to see if it works