Skull POV plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by abk1504_extreme, Nov 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

abk1504_extreme

I would like to have a plugin for the newest version of minecraft which can make a player’s point of view into a custom skull. For example, when I did /pov view [person’s name] [skull’s name] [x] [y] [z], it would change the person’s point of view to where the skull is looking, so if I teleport the skull, or even make it upside down (using armor stands), that player will see that (even when upside down, the player’s screen will turn upside down too.

Commands
    /pov create [skull’s name] [x] [y] [z] - would create an invisible armor stand, with gravity off and invisible, showing or not the nametag (both are fine).
    /pov view [person’s name] [skull’s name] [x] [y] [z] - would change the person’s pov to the skull’s pov.
    /pov stop [person’s name] - would “exit” the skull view on that player’s point of view.

That’s pretty much the plugin and the main usage will be to create attractions which can turn upside down and really move the players. I don’t know if it’s possible or not so if you feel it’s possible, just please comment, even if you don’t know how exactly to do it. Thank you so much!

2. Offline

Gh0stKitty

You MIGHT be able to do this with citizens and spectator mode. I know with citizens you can view the POV of the npc when clicked in spectator mode

3. Offline

yPedx

@abk1504_extreme
    I found this on Spigot forums:
    Content (open)
    I just recently managed to make a player's viewpoint go upside down, actually by accident when I got a few figures off in my math. Basically it's just spectating an armorstand and rotating it's yaw, since the armorstand is the only entity that can go beyond looking straight up.

Hmm... That is quite an interesting idea... I'll have to test that later.

Also, using a few packets it's possible to have the client "spectate" an entity without actually being in spectator mode, so if the armor stand does work, you can write a custom AI for the armor stand that lets it be "driven" like a vehicle by the client. This way they can still move and still have the same interface rather than the player selector hotbar.
    Good idea, but unfortunately spectating an entity is almost 100% clientside. In fact, the server doesn't even know whether or not a player is spectating an entity, it can only keep track of when they start/stop spectating. Basically, when the client receives the camera packet is just copies every movement and look packet sent to them from the server for that entity, and copies it.

Unfortunately, the trick of mounting a spectator and getting movement packets won't work, the client ignores movement and look controls so they're never even sent to the server.

That is, you can turn the player's screen upside down if he's in spectator mode and spectating an armorstand. You'd still have to test this in 1.14.4 if that's what you're using, but at the moment it looks promising.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.