Plugin Request SimpleDeath + Home with Delay combo

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by mega_newblar, Mar 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mega_newblar

Hello!

I was wondering if anybody would make either a combo plug or two separate ones. They would need to do the following:

Function #1

This will set the death respawn location of a player. The player will right click a bed, any bed, at any time, and it will set his death respawn to that location. A confirmation message saying 'Death respawn has been set to this location' would be awesome as well.

The point of this plug is to counteract the glitchy 'Your home bed is obstructed' message that constantly occurs in vanilla.

Function #2

Home with delay. I want players to be able to use /home to get out of glitched spots but I don't want them to be tempted to just use it for everything. This just needs to be a simple home with a customizable delay in minutes.

/sethome
    /home
    /delhome

I realize that there are plugins out there that do both of these things however they are all bloated with features I will never use and furthermore to customize them the way I would need to would involve permissions, and so far that has been a confusing endevour.

Thank you to anybody willing to take on this project.

2. Offline

pie_flavor

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  3. Offline

mega_newblar

Pie Flavor,

Thank you for the interest. I look forward to seeing what you can do.

4. Offline

pie_flavor

5. Offline

lilgee332

6. Offline

nverdier

@lilgee332 Go create a thread to request one, don't do it here.

7. Offline

mega_newblar

8. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@mega_newblar Please stop the server, delete the logs, start, try, stop and then post the log using pastebin.

EDIT: Moved to Bukkit alternatives

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  9. Offline

mega_newblar

10. Offline

Zandor300

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  11. Offline

pie_flavor

12. Offline

mega_newblar

@ Pie_Flavor

The teleport works flawlessly now. /Sethome /delhome /home and the delay are all working.

@Zandor300

I tried your version, and no matter the command (sethome or home) it would tell me "You haven't set a home!" and nothing would teleport

Also to both of you, is function #1 supposed to work?

13. Offline

Zandor300

Errors? Because its working flawlessly at my server?

Going to code this today but I'm at school right now...

14. Offline

mega_newblar

@ Zandor

Forgot to mention, I didn't post a log because no error pops up. No exceptions no nothing. The only feedback I get is the message 'You haven't set a home!' and thats when I try either /home or /sethome.

I can post a log if you think it will help.

15. Offline

Zandor300

/sethome shouldn't say 'You haven't set a home!'. It can't! Can you maybe post the log to a pastebin?

16. Offline

mega_newblar

17. Offline

pie_flavor

@mega_newblar Couple tips on tagging people: Don't put a space between the @ and their name, and spell the entire name, numbers included. Otherwise it doesn't link or notify.

Also, yes, function #1 should work. I decided to bind it to where the player was standing in order to stop all glitchiness.

18. Offline

Zandor300

19. Offline

mega_newblar

@pie_flavor
    Thank you for the tip, I didn't know.

I will test function #1 soon.

@Zandor300
    Well I appreciate the time you took to make it. Thanks for the effort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.