Filled [Simple] Spawn Tamed Mobs

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by PhillyCheezsteak, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Plugin category: Admin Tools

Suggested name: Spawn Tame (Or anything that makes sense)

What I want:
    If a player would summon a mob using the /summon command, the mob would be tame and act like a tame wolf that the player owns. This would mean it would have a wolf's attributes where if it was attacked or if its owner was attacked, or if the owner attacks, they attack. This includes hostile mobs that are usually hostile like creepers and etc.

An option to have a time limit for a summoned mob, for example if I would use a /summon command and summon a skeleton, I can add a timer on how long it will stay out before it despawns. If this is not possible, that is alright, I mainly need the first part.
    Ideas for commands: none

Ideas for permissions: none.

When I'd like it by: As soon as you can please.

EDIT: Here is a link that may help with this plugin http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1994778-learn-the-summon-command-mobs/

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

PhillyCheezsteak We aren't able to change their category or item ID. Neither can we add items like golem spawn eggs ( we can add lores to them / rename the eggs and then code based on that though )

3. Well what I am mainly looking for is an item that is the same icon as any spawn egg that would share the same properties as them and can spawn different mobs like spawn eggs. The only difference would be is they would spawn specific mobs that the current spawn eggs do not do. I was also wondering/looking for if it is possible to add them in the actual spawn egg category

4. Offline

Alster551

The only way this would be possible if there was a command that you did to give you a blank spawn egg and when you clicked it it would spawn the mob. Such as: /egg iron_golem or /egg red_sheep etc

5. Online

Last part is not possible as that is fully client side

6. Alster551 timtower
    Isn't there a way if you just right click the spawn egg it would spawn that mob like an actual spawn egg?

7. Offline

Alster551

That would require a client mod.

8. Online

That part is possible

9. Offline

Alster551

And yes, but then you wouldnt be able to spawn the original mob.

10. Online

Unless you only look at the displayname of the item, if it doesn't contain a name in the plugin then don't touch it at all

11. Offline

simgar98

You could also put that in the lore, so players can't just rename a spawnegg (which would be weird if they had any, but well...) and spawn all those mobs :)

timtower likes this.
  12. timtower Alster551
    Cool, if I can actually get spawn eggs that would have every type of mob, that would would be amazing. So I have a few more questions to ask. They are also a little off topic to this plugin request
    *Say if a player spawns a mob from an egg. Would it be possible to actually keep the egg in the player's inventory, and they can right click it again to despawn/return their mob?
    *Say if the first question is possible, would it be possible if a player's mob is despawned/returned, it would be able to keep track on how much health it had before returning/despawning, so if it was spawned again, it would have the same amount of health as it lost before despawning/returning?
    *My second to last question is say if a player's mob dies, is it possible to have some sort of command that can heal tamed mobs, or if you use a splash potion?
    *My last question is would it be possible for a player to have only one mob out at a time, and cannot spawn anything else unless they despawn their mob or if it dies?

Sorry for asking a lot of questions. I am just trying to make sure this is all possible before asking someone with this plugin.

13. Online

14. Wow awesome! I am so glad this is all possible :D

15. Offline

ChipDev

So putting data into spawn eggs to cancel the event and spawn a different (Data) spawned mob.. randomized? Awesome!

Cast data (non seeable.). So what if you need to change a lore around here? :p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  16. ChipDev
    It would not be randomized, it would spawn that very specific thing, like a red sheep spawner, and etc. All I would want is for a right click event to spawn an egg, then you right click it again to remove that mob, BUT I would really need there to be some kind of data where it memorizes the health of that mob, I would also need there to be a heal command if possible also to heal tamed mobs. If possible also It would be great to have something that would only enable a player to have one mob at a time out (if possible)

I do not know what should and can be a separate plugin, or what should be, but I guess just for this plugin, the main thing I am looking for is for every individual mob in the game to have their own separate spawn egg, and if a player right clicks them/it, it will summon the mob, and if you right click the egg again in your inventory it will despawn it. IF possible I would really like if you return the egg/mob, it will save their health before you returned it.

17. Offline

ChipDev

Oh! You mean like a pokeball!
    Mob with data: Saves a mob in a spawn egg (then it implements data), then when you click it it will turn back into a normal spawn egg and spawn the mob. So portable mobs?

18. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

if all else fails:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/mythicmobs/
    ----
    What it does: allows admin creation of custom mobs (or regular ones, like iron golems)
    ---
    you could create the mobs youd want with spawn eggs and do
    /mm eggs get (mobname)
    ---
    of course, this is only if everything else fails.

19. Wait so are you saying with MythicMobs I am able to actually get spawn eggs of the custom made mobs? Because I am familiar of that plugin, but am I actually able to get spawn eggs for each of the custom created mobs?

20. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

yes, do /eggs get (mob)
    custom mobs eggs work with this.

21. Wow I am so excited now! Would I be able to do the egg return/despawn command option with the eggs?

Edit: Also would these eggs have data values? because I would want these mobs to have a chance to drop the eggs

22. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

what are you asking, i dont quite understand

23. I am asking if a custom MythicMob has an actual egg id/data value since I would want them to have a chance to drop that egg. I was also wondering if it would be possible to make a side plugin that would allow those eggs to stay in the player's inventory and can right click it again to despawn/unsummon it?

Edit: I mainly need these eggs to have their own data values/item IDs because I would want mobs to have a chance to drop them.

24. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

neither of the top two are possible to my knowledge, allthough if you post your mob code on here with the plugin you want, im sure it would be made

25. I have removed a lot of features I needed in my previous requirements since I have figured out some mechanics I can use with another plugin. I have made the new requirements very simple and a lot easier for a dev to create. All I need now is if a player would use the /summon command that mob would be tamed by the owner who summoned it. This includes mobs like creepers and etc. Also if there can be an option to have a time limit for that mob, this would be great. The time limit is to prevent people from leaving their mob out after they log out. If they would log out then the mob would have a time limit and despawn after that time is up. If the second part is not possible, that is fine. I mainly need the first part.

I have found a plugin that will work for this thread. Thank you everyone for helping. I am going to use http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/echopet/ and customize it to how I want it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016