[SIMPLE-REQ] Per-world Chat Channels

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by thecyberglow, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Offline

thecyberglow

Nevermind...

2. Offline

LegoPal92

format please.

3. Offline

thecyberglow

There we go! :)

4. Offline

kezz101

HeroChat has this!

5. Offline

CarrotPCdude

I use Channel Chat (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/channel-chat/) although you mentioned other plugins having large config files...
    Don't quote me on this, but I think I remember seeing something in the EssentialsChat part of the Essentials plugin config file which allows this too....
    Personally I'd suggest it would be easier to spend a few hours getting to grips with the complicated config files, but obviously I can't tell you what to do :p

6. Offline

thecyberglow

I'm fine with plugins like this but I would have to disable everything just to get the per-world chat channels. Thats all I need...there is a plugin called World Channels: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/worldchannels/ But this plugin does not work properly..it cant find the Vault Chat Class..thats the error I get in the console..Yes, I have the newest version of vault installed....Can anyone create a simple plugin like this please?

7. Offline

CarrotPCdude

I see you've already contacted the creator of World Channels. Give them a day or two to reply. They might be able to fix it which would save a lot of time and effort for another developer. Good luck finding the plugin you want. :)

8. Offline

thecyberglow

I doubt it, if you notice I posted that right after I replyed here, so...

Since your a coder, can you make a plugin like this? ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  9. Offline

kezz101

Just use HeroChat!

10. Offline

thecyberglow

It has a confusing config and formatting that will screw up my PEX prefixes and stuff :/ Are you familiar with HeroChat? Maybe you can help me over skype?

11. Offline

kezz101

I'm not going to reinvent the wheel

12. Offline

nala3

It won't screw up your prefixes. Just stop using ChatManager and use HeroChat..

13. Offline

thecyberglow

I don't use Chat Manager :p How would I set up [per-world] chat though with HeroChat? Chat manger does have a localization system...and I don't think Its adds the L prefix to the names of players....

Nevermind...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  14. Offline

grandwazir

DimensionDoor supports shared and seperate world chat channels.

15. Offline

CarrotPCdude

If you want to run a Bukkit server properly, you HAVE to get to grips with the config files. I've had to sort probably getting on 60 different config files so far. It's easy once you're used to it.

16. Offline

LeeTheENTP

I'm looking for a plugin that has per-world chat, but when you join a world, you're put in that world's chat channel. Nothing more, no extra prefixes, etc.

WorldChannels Works great, and I'm using the 1.4.6-R0.1 beta build. All I needed to do was change the chat format in the config!