Simple Protection System

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Squirzy, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Offline

Squirzy

Plugin category: Protection

Suggested name: LandProtect

A bit about me: I am the owner of a fairly populated Minecraft server called Level Up Minecraft with an average of 60 players online. The server has only been up for 3-4 months in which we have grown to a fairly popular community reaching rank 1 in Australia in less then 2 months and achieving an average rank of 65 on Minestatus.

What I want: I would like a protection system similar to legendary crafts old fence protection system were players make a border with fences around a piece of land they wish to protect and once they finish doing that, they place a sign on the fence and enter their names and other player names. When the sign is created a protected area is made were those players can build like normal, but other players cannot touch it.

With the signs, I would like it so the people creating the fence can add as many signs as they wish with peoples names on it to give those people the right to build/destroy etc. To remove conflicts when people are just placing signs to name a protected area, the sign will need to be formatted like this:
    [Protect]
    Owner
    Name2
    Name3

This also includes the addition signs they can add onto the fence to add more people.

So the first name on the sign will be the owner - this person can add people to the protected area by making new signs and also break signs to remove people from the area.

With the fence, I would also like it to include gates, so both fences and gates can be placed to create the border.

When the protection is made and the first sign is on the fence, other players should not be able to break or place blocks on the signs, fence or under them and inside them.

To remove the protected area, the owner of the protected area will need to remove all signs from the fence, this will not destroy the builds inside the fence, all it will do is remove the protection so others will be able to destroy and build inside the fence, as well as break the fence and gates.

Ideas for commands: The idea of the plugin is to limit the amount of commands players need to make as I know it becomes hard to remember all commands. The main commands I would like is:
    /landprotect reload

Ideas for permissions:Permissions for this plugin will be like:
    landprotect.create - Ability to create the protected areas
    landprotect.mod - Gives the players will this permission to build and destroy in any protected area, even if they are not on the signs. Also have the ability to break the fences and signs.

When I'd like it by: Im very flexible, I would rather the plugin made correctly then to rush people to make a time

Similar plugin requests: This plugin is like the plugin on the LegendaryCraft server. They no longer use this sort of protection, but it was a very easy to use one.

Devs who might be interested in this: @ikillforeyou orWhoever is up for the job ^^

If you need any more information or you are interested in making the plugin for me, please send me a PM here with your questions and/or skype so we can talk easier.

Thanks,
    Squirzy

2. Offline

JamieSinn

WorldGuard

3. Offline

Squirzy

If you don't want to help please don't post, world guard doesn't do what I want this to do