Simple (maybe) idea to get us sky dimensions

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by ratty, May 29, 2011.

1. Offline

ratty

If this has been done, please show me, I've done my best to search for such a plugin.

I have no programming ability so I'll just put this out there in case someone else wants to make this. Have a plugin make it so when you get to 0Y, it can teleport you to another dimension at 128Y and vice versa. Then it can simulate a "sky world".

I tried to accomplish this with multiverse portals but it was unusably laggy if you make a big portal zone. What I'm imagining could just be very simple where you define the 2 (or more?) worlds where they are in relation to each other, then it would just maintain X and Z coordinates wherever you were when you exited the other dimension's top or bottom.

2. Offline

bevso

Prehaps ijobs and essentials group manager. Jobs let people get paid for working and doing thier job. I am not too sure if it allows perms too but take a look also essentials group manager has the command /manuadd <groupname> <playername> that is good, all you have to do is give defaults the right to use that command :D. Here are the links:
    jobs: http://forums.bukkit.org/posts/333197/
    group manager: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/in...pha-3-a-permissions-replacement-440-531.4723/

3. Offline

ratty

Did you post that to the wrong thread? I keep reading your reply over and over and I'm not sure how its relevant. Thanks for a reply anyway though, its better than nothing. I thought the concept of teleport zones at the top/bottom of worlds was a good idea that would get a lot of responses, so either its not a good idea or it didn't get read.

4. Offline

Mafidog

Perhaps you mean the z axis, because Y axis is horisonal, not vertical. And also, you neither cannot go higher from where Minecraft allows you to, nor create a world at top.
    The best solution is multiworlds, and a bukkit compatible SMP world generator, which could generate a world like that, with void beneath it, but it would require multiworlds too.
    In other words, sorry, but I think this is impossible...

5. Offline

ratty

In the Minecraft world, Y is altitude.
    My proposal was detecting when the player reaches 128Y in an area and warp them to 0Y on the next dimension (the sky dimension obviously being all air chunks to start out with) and vice versa, to simulate traveling into the sky.
    This is very possible, the only problems I can see is the slow updating after a teleport might ruin the effect a bit, but its livable.
    I really wish I could program then I'd just do it.

6. Offline

MG127

7. Offline

ratty