[Simple] Execute player commands on command block

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by PonsabaSaturun, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Offline

PonsabaSaturun

Suggested plugin name: PlayerCmdBlock

Category: Command blocks

What I want is quite simple. I'll like to execute player only commands on a command block.
    For an example,
    World guard commands (which I really want), Bukkit commands like /lightning, and many more.

Commands: none

Permissions: none

When I'll like to have it: 5 months? I don't care that much

2. Offline

Freelix2000

There is a lot that you need to specify for this plugin. What player should execute the command? The player who created the command block? What should happen if the player is offline? And I'm not sure if its possible to allow all players to use command blocks because the op only permission is a Minecraft thing, not Bukkit.

3. Offline

PonsabaSaturun

Sry, what I wanted to do was executing player only commands on a command block :)

4. Offline

jacklin213

You know there is a reason why developers make some commands Player Only, just saying :)

PonsabaSaturun and timtower like this.
  5. Offline

Freelix2000

PonsabaSaturun
    To execute a player only command, there has to be a player to execute it. I could make it choose a random player as the executer, or a random op, or anyone else, but there has to be a player to execute it, and making a player run a command only for the purpose of being able to run it isn't a good idea because many player only commands will do things with that player instance that are intended to be done as the player knowingly executes the command.

6. Offline

PonsabaSaturun

Oh yeah...! Never thought why they make it player only.... Why do they make it like that? I think it will be much more useful if you can use it on command blocks!

7. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

PonsabaSaturun A player has a location, items, health etc. Some commands require locations to work, if a commandblock executes a command we see that the console executed a command, not the commandblock. So no locations.