Filled Simple config -> MySQL database

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Xp10d3, Jul 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Xp10d3

Plugin Category: Miscellaneous
    Version: 1.8.8
    What I want:
    Just wondering. Is it possible for a plugin to read another plugin's YML file? I know it's possible to send data to a MySQL database, but what about reading another plugin's YML file? What I need is this:
    Basically I'm having a developer code a plugin (gochi9) but it won't have MySQL support. I need a plugin that will read the `config.yml` and take certain attributes and send it to a database. Here is the config:
    https://hastebin.com/upipadozex.sql
    It'll change later on, but that's the basic premise. What I need is simple. There will be another config that stores user data. I need the plugin to get that user data and import this:
    ```
    Code:
    Column: UUID      | race | exp          | level
    Data:   some_uuid   Elf    how_much_exp    50

```
    Basically, in the config there will be the UUID of the player, the race of the player, and how much experience the player has accumulated. And finally what level they are. I just need those attributes to be imported. The config of this plugin should look like this:
    ```yml
    Code:
    host: some_ip
    username: Eltik
    password: ilikestuff
    database: some_database
    plugin-name: Endran_Leveling_System
    data:
      config-name: config
      uuid: uuid
      race: race
      exp: experience
      level: level
    import: yes

```
    Basically, it's the normal MySQL connection at first. The `host`, `username`, `password`, and `database`. `plugin-name` is what plugin to import the data into. The columns and table should be hard coded (upon first start up of the plugin, if table `rpg` is not created, create it. Then create the columns UUID, race, exp, and level). Now is where things get tricky. After `data` includes `config-name`, `uuid`, `race`, `exp`, and `level`. Each part after `uuid` or `race` and such are what to look for in a certain config file. The `config-name` is what file to look for. So if you get the plugin `Endran_Leveling_System`, the plugin should look for the config file `config.yml`. Next is `uuid`. In the config file `config.yml`, the plugin should look for whatever part of the config that contains the config section `uuid` in this case. So if the file looks like this:
    ```yml
    Code:
    ilikepeanuts: yesido
    disboard: ok
    27sdhe39039393c:
      uuid: 27sdhe39039393c
      race: elf
      exp: 6373
      level: 48

```
    The plugin will look for wherever `uuid` is. It should then take that information and find the nearest `race` section, then find the nearest `exp` section, and finally the nearest `level` section, take all that information, and import it into the database. **I honestly don't really know how this will work.** It's tricky since there will be many, many parts of the config that have user data. **Please do your best**. I really need this plugin. Once the plugin I need is done (check “(Somewhat) Simple RPG Leveling System” thread for updates) I can send the actual config file.
    Commands:
    NOT NEEDED but if you want...
    /sqlplugins: Sends a list of the plugins that are connected to the database with information (what config is being imported, the host, etc.)
    Permissions:
    NOT NEEDED but if you want...
    sql.plugins: Allows use of /sqlplugins.
    When I need this: When the RPG plugin is done, ASAP. But let me know if you’re interested in this. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ASK.

EDIT:
    Not needed. I have found someone else to do this plugin.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.