Similar ItemStacks are not similar with #isSimilar(...)

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by DutchJellyV2, Jul 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DutchJellyV2

Hello,

My plugin is comparing
    ItemStack{BLACK_STAINED_GLASS_PANE x 1, UNSPECIFIC_META:{meta-type=UNSPECIFIC, display-name=º7}}
    against
    ItemStack{BLACK_STAINED_GLASS_PANE x 1, UNSPECIFIC_META:{meta-type=UNSPECIFIC, display-name=º7}}

As you can see, the toString() method returns equal strings. However, when I call a.isSimilar(b), it returns false. Does anyone have a clue on how to compare itemstacks on item meta? I only want to ignore the amount, which seems to be a job for #isSimilar().

I'm thinking that it could have something to do with the api changes in 1.16. I haven't tested this tho because that would require me to setup a whole new test server and try to compile my plugin for this version.

A really stupid and inefficient solution could be to compare the strings and filter out the amount part of the string. I really would like to find a way to compare the itemstacks properly.

Thanks in advance.

2. Weird stuff can happen if you don't specify an api-version in your plugin.yml. If I understand it correctly, you are using your plug-in on a 1.16 server, but compiling to a lower version of bukkit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.