Show off your bukkit server: are hamachi IPs okay?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by wowzersam, Apr 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

wowzersam

Well, are they? Or will said post be taken down

2. Offline

LordDarthBob

wowzersam
    I would assume that because hamachi is a resource for facilitating connections to a server and is not an "Unofficial Build" of Minecraft or Minecraft servers which would require client mods or offline mode, it fits more of the definition of a Minecraft tool. Being totally different from what is generally frowned upon here, I believe it is allowed. However, be sure to mention that your server uses hamachi on the page, and to prevent locking, don't ask for hamachi support.

One good question to ask is why one would use hamachi for a server? It is not particularly safer than port-forwarding in the long term. Also, it requires a software download to access your server, which some people are not willing to go to the effort of doing.

3. Offline

wowzersam

LordDarthBob My router is really derp, and port forwarding no longer works. So I'm forced to use hamachi

4. Offline

LordDarthBob

wowzersam
    Ah. I see. Not to pry, but have you contacted your ISP?

5. Offline

wowzersam

T-Mobile sucks.. LordDarthBob

mbaxter, would it be okay to post a hamachi IP? Or will my post be taken down like the previous ones

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  6. Offline

LordDarthBob

wowzersam
    Your ISP is T-Mobile? I didn't know they offered anything except mobile hotspot service...

7. Offline

wowzersam

LordDarthBob I got that router way back when.. Only still have it for my landline

8. Offline

LordDarthBob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.