setDisplayName does not works when GroupManager is installed

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Flyverse, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Flyverse

Hi!

I have a question: Why does setDisplayName not works if GroupManager is installed? How can I solve it?
    To clarify a bit: In a specific, simple, command I set the Display Name of the Player who performed the command. If I test it on a local server with just a few plugins on (No GroupManager, PEX, ...), it works perfectly fine. BUT, when I upload it to a server with GroupManager, it does NOT work! Why?

Kindly regards

2. Offline

HyrulesLegend

Code..? Any stacktraces?

3. Offline

Flyverse

Nope, no stacktrace - There isn't a error. The method setDisplayName is called correctly, it's just that groupmanager probably overrides it while chatting. I can't think of any other plugin doing this... Since it's working on my local server without groupmanager.

(Code isn't really needed, since the method setdisplayname is called and executed correctly :/)

Okay, It's not GroupManager as I thought, but I has to be another plugin... Searching right now, I will edit this post if I find something.

Edit: Ugh, IT IS Essentials/EssentialsChat/whatever...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  4. Offline

sheigutn

Do you have Essentials Chat installed?

5. Offline

Flyverse

sheigutn
    Yep! Just found out that this is the problem... Do you know how to solve it D:?

6. Offline

sheigutn

In the essentials config there's a chat.format section where it should be configured how the names are displayed.

7. Offline

Flyverse

Got it working, thanks everyone!
    sheigutn Thanks :D!
    EDIT: Hmpf, dunno why, but the displayname is resettet every now-and-then -_-

8. Offline

DrJava

Try setting event to highest and storing the display name in config; it shouldn't reset.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.