Servermessage without [SERVER] & with colored text

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by o0Julia0o, Jun 2, 2013.

1. hi,

thats how it works on standard bukkit-server:
    "/say Hello" -> it´s in purple, if i do: "/say &e hello" it´s in purple, too: "[SERVER] &e hello".

i am searching for a mod, where i can say something from console without the pre "[SERVER] " & with colored text.

thx

Julia [​IMG]

2. Offline

bradicaljh

Yeah this is an easy one I'll throw it together for you right now :)

preferences on command, prefix (although from what I understand you want NO prefix at all) and color of the text?

3. Offline

Zaane

Easily doable. Would do if I had Eclipse right now, sorry. :]

4. Offline

bradicaljh

Yep, I already started coding it to handle color codes. I'm also adding three permissions, the .use permission allows the player to use the command but a [Server] prefix will be added, this is good for giving moderators broadcast ability by preventing them from imitating players. Next you have a .noprefix permission which removes the prefix from the players broadcasts, and finally a .color which lets the player use color codes in their broadcast.

Should be done shortly. Sound good?

5. hey, sounds great :) but one thing: it has to be possible to execute the command from bukkit-console!!!

thx

julia :)

6. Offline

bradicaljh

yep, that'll work fine, almost finished now actually.

Finished, here is the project page but until they approve it the file is available for download here.

Everything seems to work fine, if you find any bugs be sure to report them on the project page and I'll fix them ASAP. Also I removed the permission for using colors because it didn't seem useful, now there is just broadcast.use and broadcast.noprefix, if you only have broadcast.use and you do /broadcast test it will show like "[Server] test" but if you also have broadcast.noprefix it will just show as "test".

I did this so you have a way to provide broadcasting with colors to moderators without them being able to imitateplayers, where as admins/ops would be able to avoid the prefix.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  7. works fijn - with no problems(craftbukkit 1.5.2-R0.1).

T H X

julia :)

8. Offline

45zeldafan

You can make a script with VariableTriggers to do this.

9. Offline

whitehooder

10. Offline

bradicaljh

I find it considerably amusing that even while you're the dev of that plugin, you didn't seem to notice that she did in fact find it and even made suggestions via a comment on it. She clearly for some reason didn't want it, otherwise she would have just used it 3 days ago when she made the comment.

11. Offline

whitehooder

We'll, I must say I can't see it mentioned anywhere (is the comment removed?) so I kind of hinted her if she ever would need another command for broadcasting a message you can easily do this by using my plugin and another custom command plugin. I do believe there exists plugins that can make custom commands run with full permission too, so that only the custom command will work and not the command provided by FakeMessager. If this does not exist, please tell me and I'll wrap one up myself.

12. Offline

smsunarto

FakeMessager Can Do This, I've been using FM from the first i made a bukkit server and it's working just fine

whitehooder likes this.