Server won't go over a tiny bit of RAM

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by noseynose03, Dec 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

noseynose03

Just recently, my server won't start with anything over 128M of RAM :eek:! I've tried reinstalling Java x64 (64 bit OS), different batch file commands, and all of the thinkable.
    So, my PC has 6GB of RAM, and when I run it over 128M of RAM when there's way more available, I get "can not optimize object heap blah blah" something along those lines. Now with this command:
    Show Spoiler

(You can see the command on the top) I get this:
    upload_2015-12-26_15-54-22.png

Any ideas? It is extremely frustrating because I need to open my server ASAP, as I have hundreds of dollars waiting on this server.

2. Offline

schilligb741

Use a different launch command. Are you using windows OS?

I use something like this to run my own server ---->>
    Server Launch Code (open)

#!/bin/bash
    cd "$(dirname "$0")"
    exec java -Xms1G -Xmx2G -XX:MaxPermSize=128M -jar spigot.jar nogui

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2015
  3. Offline

noseynose03

@schilligb741
    Yes, I use Win x64 bit... Can I just copy and paste that into my .bat?

EDIT: That command "Bin Bash" reminds me of Linux, I don't think your using Windows.

4. Offline

Mrs. bwfctower

@noseynose03 Put this into a bat command:
    Code:
    java -Xms1024M -Xmx4096M -jar craftbukkit.jar
    pause

5. Offline

noseynose03

Sorry if I didn't make it clear enough, I have tried practically all the commands including this.

6. Offline

schilligb741

Well I wouldn't use that launch command as the memory is really high I'd go 1024 and 1024 not 1024 and 4096. If you don't know what those numbers are they are the allotment of RAM you are giving your server. I bet your computer can't support a process running using 4096 MB.

7. Offline

mcdorli

And it would be unneccesary. Java has a strange way of dealing with RAM, mostly because the working of GC. Garbage collection doesn't start up 100% until most of the ram is used up. If you give minecraft 1 GB of ram, then it would use up (around) 500MB, if you allocate it 10GB, then it uses (around) 7 GB.

I think AntVenom made a video about this

8. Offline

schilligb741

Yeah and FYI make sure you allow at least 2 GB for your server. That is a minimum. Under that it's tricky to deal with.

9. Offline

noseynose03

Yeah, I'm running a large server network (many servers ready to host hundreds of players) not just a vanilla, hehe. I have been able to run 5+ GB on it, but literally out of no where it stopped working, but I may have a culprit.

I had to update OpenGL Nvidia drives, and the automatic graphics card detector said I had no Java which was bs, so I reinstalled the latest version anyway but still never worked, lol. I might have installed the wrong Java, but I have tried installing the 64 bit again but it hasn't worked. Is there a way to completely delete Java easily? I feel like if I simply delete "Java" in the Program Files there will still be bits and pieces of it everywhere.

I have solved the issue. Chrome was 32bit on a 64 system and for some reason java would mess up where to install and which bit to install.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.