[Server][WARNING] FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by KanzenIgiari, Aug 13, 2011.

?

Do you run an anti-virus program with Bukkit? (If yes please comment what program you use)

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

KanzenIgiari

[SOLVED]

Hey everyone!
    I'm running Windows 7 x32 SP1
    Bukkit Server version 1000

I just installed BitDefender to my PC (I was having some problems which it sorted for me)

^ I know bit defender is the cause of the problem, but how do I let BitDefender bind the server to port 25565?

Is this just an issue with Bukkit and BitDefender to the point I have to uninstall BitDefender?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,
    KanzenIgiari

2. Offline

pyraetos

First make sure that all processes called Java or Javaw are ended in task manager, sometimes these stick around and use up the port if you started the server wrong.

3. Offline

ImminentFate

hey, how do you know its a problem with bitdefender? It most probably is not.
    It means that you havent set up a portforwarded or hamachi server for running craftbukkit. The server cannot go thorugh your router on port 25565, so it tries to jump through 87. Which by the way, is used by other programs. This causes it to prevent the server from running. For instructions of setting up a server, visit my post here:
    Also, if you're wondering, I run a pc with Trend Micro Titanium security. And most people do run their pc's with an antivirus, do not do so would be foolish indeed.

4. Offline

KanzenIgiari

Ahh, actually now you mention it, I do remember Hamatchi updating it's self, so it probably activated it's self again and all the rest it does.
    I'll uninstall hamatchi and try again.

The reason I suspected that it could've been BitDefender is that I just installed the program and the Server wouldn't boot (the error would appear), and I've had port issues with BitDefender before.

I never usually use an anti-virus as I don't use my PC for anything other than Minecraft or music composition and occasionally resort to these forums or YouTube for entertainment :p

Thank you so much for your help.

I know it's not a java issue as I had restarted my computer a number of times, and tried the other OS installed to a separate HDD in the PC I'm trying to work the server from.

Thank you for your help :)

EDIT:
    I'd also like to add, I have had the server running before so it's not that I have no idea whatsoever what I'm doing :p
    EDIT:
    I probably made the silliest mistake of them all!

My IP address changed since I'm using my mothers internet connection, rather than my own! All I needed to do was change the IP in the server.properties file!

Thanks for everyone's help though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.