Server suddenly stopped working, help desperately needed!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by trevino1997, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

trevino1997

Hello minecraft community! A few months ago i started hosting a minecraft server (for me and my friends) and my gaming computer. The computer is perfectly capable of hosting, and the server was running for awhile on it. I upgraded to 1.6.2 and there was no problems. The problems actually started when my (mcafee) firewall expired. My computer automatically switched to the built in firewall which is the standard windows firewall. after this switch my server will not work. I decided to uninstall mcafee(the old firewall, which expired.) and the server still wont work. I made a exception for the minecraft port in windows firewall, and also tried turning the firewall completely off. It still wouldn't work. I tried re port-forwarding and nothing seems to work. There is no errors in the log nor did I change any of the permissions recently. I recently found out that I must have had a dynamic ip because when i was checking my router settings it stated a different WAN than I usually use, however there was a option in the router settings to make my ip static (free of charge). When I check on "canyouseeme.org" it says my the minecraft port (25565) is open. Im so stuck on this problem and have spent hours of work trying to get it back. There are no error messages, and I can connect using the localhost function, so im guessing its not the server properties. My firewall is completely off, so im guessing its not that. And finally my port is open so im guessing its not that. Im guessing there is something blocking my connection to other computers, but i cant figure it out. Any help would be sooooo much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

2. Offline

killerinthenite

The only thing I can think of is making sure that your IP4 address matches the one in your server.properties.

3. Offline

trevino1997

I thought you were suppose to leave that blank. I have left it blank in the past.

4. Offline

killerinthenite

No, I don't believe it decides your ip for you. You have to enter it yourself by typing ipconfig in the command prompt and getting your IP4 address.

5. Offline

trevino1997

Such a amateur mistake I made! when first starting my server I used hamachi, which gave me a ip. I just plugged this right into my server to get access to the server. this worked, even when I was not using hamachi. when i was uninstalling mcafee I also uninstalled hamachi. Which for some reason changed my ip back. I was using my WAN ip instead of my ip4 the whole time! moral of this is...dont use hamachi.

6. Offline

teagandonnelly

Well i have a server im still having problems with i finally past the bind port error but...

now i have unknown hosting problems anyone help me?

7. Offline

killerinthenite

8. Offline

trevino1997

I have come across another problem.... I am using my ipv4 address. But on canyouseeme.org it shows my WAN IP. I can join the server perfectly. Its just other people can not join...I thought i finally got this to work:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.