Server Softwares

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Side8StarLite, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Side8StarLite

Hi, I posted a similar thread inquiring about different types of minecraft servers. Nobody answered, so I want to be more specific about what I was asking.
    Currently, I'm running a private Vanilla server. I've tried Forge and Bukkit, but both were just too much for my computer to handle. When I asked what types of servers were out there, I meant what were the different kinds of server softwares.
    I'd like a server software that provides plugins, but at the same time not be too much for my computer. The Bukkit server started having corrupted chunks and player data files only after less than 2 weeks. But I enjoyed the plugins it offered, because it adds extensions to the original minecraft Vanilla server.
    I just run a 10 player private Vanilla server. I don't plan to make money or to expand the server. The server I plan to make is purely JUST FOR FUN.
    Again, all I ask is a recommendation for a minecraft server software. One that allows plugins, but doesn't add any excess lag or entities. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Side8StarLite Allowing plugins of any kind will always increase the amount of power needed.
    My suggestion is putting your server with a hosting company or buying a better pc.
    You can also change some settings to decrease the view range, does a lot for lag, and there are many plugins to decrease the amount of entities.

3. Offline

Side8StarLite

Is there anyway I can decrease the amount of corrupted playerdatas and chunks? I admit the Bukkit server lag was tolerable, but it was the crashes that were really bothering. Sorry that I wasn't more specific. Is it because I need to dedicate more RAM to the server, to avoid the corrupted chunks and datafiles?
    By the way, what I meant by the corrupted chunks was that as time went on, the server would keep saying "Chunk file in the wrong location, relocating..." Is this a problem? Because I'm not sure....
    Thank you for answering so quickly!

4. Offline

WolfMage1

Putting it with a hosting company is probably better if you don't have a lot of money.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.