Server running out of memory and lagging.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Malo, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Malo

my plugins: http://gyazo.com/9c67eb0b7723aec83028e7691dc98ecf

my server keeps running out of memory every 30 min - 5 hours then lags very bad, every time the memory goes down the tps goes to 5 and under.

The server its running on:
    • Intel® Core™ i7-2600 Quad-Core
    • 32 GB DDR 3 RAM
    • 2 x 3 TB SATA 6 Gb/s HDD; 7200 rpm (Software-RAID 1)
    We have it running off 7 gigs of ram on that. We have tried changing to other plugins (the less essential ones) but it didn't fix. The Server gets to about 80-120 people on at a time during the day and about 30-80 at night. Please help :3 Thanks

2. Offline

frdmn

Could you provide a logfile extract where one of those crashs happened?

3. Offline

Malo

it doesn't crash, it just lags very bad and /mem shows no memory left, then it sorta fluctuates between a couple of mb of mem left and half a gig, and lags, which only a restart fixed.

4. Offline

jacklin213

Malo what startup code are u using?

5. Offline

Malo

6. Offline

jacklin213

7. Offline

Malo

what should i have it as then?

8. Offline

Double0negative

whats so crazy about that? lol

9. Offline

jacklin213

Well I have mine at 1gb and it only ever says the warning messages when I'm uploading videos to utube , saving video's with wlm , whole computer virus scan and recording with fraps all at the same time

10. Offline

Malo

but that has nothing to do with it running out of memory.

11. Offline

jacklin213

Well that is why it displays warning has the time changed or is the server over loaded

Sryz my bad it maybe ur CPU usage due to 1 plugin

12. Offline

Nathan C

My guess is a disk I/O bottleneck.

After all you are only running two standard disk drives in RAID 1.... They're not that great with sequential speed, let alone random reads/writes, compared to an SSD. Try your world and maybe some plugins in a RAMdisk and see what happens.

13. Offline

TnT

Try changing to this and let us know:
    Code:
    java -Xincgc -Xmx8G -jar craftbukkit.jar

14. Offline

jacklin213

ah the -Xincgc i c it again and only know half of the meaning (too lazy to read the wiki) all i know is its called the something garbage collector and it works very well :)

15. Offline

Muffin89

If there still is a problem, try remove permissionex and replace it with any other ones out there :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.