Server randomly freezes

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by yottabyte, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

yottabyte

I've recently been having problems with the server just freezing.
    The console throws no errors and it won't take any input. Ctrl+C doesn't work, stop doesn't work. Only thing to do is killall -9 java which causes rollbacks.
    Installing AutoSave helped a bit but still this is a pretty major problem. Plugins like Towny stores everything in RAM and seem to rollback when this happens.
    I'm not running any heavy plugins like BigBrother or LogBlock. Only database plugin running is iConomy.
    I've had this issue 3 times in about 24 hours. My players aren't happy at all over this.

2. Offline

THEK

I'm only guessing but you may be having the same problem as iMine. My server kept freezing for no reason. In the end I started the server up and waited, 3 people joined and the server crashed. I stopped the server and went to the "players" folder in the world folder. I then copied and renamed one of the users dat files to match my username.

This makes you spawn where they left off. After doing this I found that there is a certain location on my map that is causing the problem. I don't know the solution yet as I haven't had a response to my forum post.

3. Offline

yottabyte

Just had another one. No idea as to why?

4. Offline

Plague

I'd suspect plugins doing that, but you'd have to jsut test without them I guess.

5. Offline

Chuckster

I have the same problem hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.