Server Problems

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Orcane, Jul 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Orcane

Hi! I though I would try creating a small server for some of my friends and what not, in the process I ran into a few problems, firstly I have all my different classes set up and there are different ranks in each class, I used groupmanager to do this. You rank up in order until you have mastered your class. I have a row of buttons with the rank above them, I want to be able to press the button, it will ask you if you really want to do this, if you select yes, charges you the amount the rank cost it and moves you too that group, if you don't have enought it tells you so. Is there a bunch of plugins I could combine to make this happen?

Secondly, I was formatting my chat with essentials, and I got the ranks to work, with the /mangadd, and the prefixes and things but there is one thing still annoying me, the "<>"s on your minecraft name. Currently I have a my class, lets say, "[Knight]" as one of them. I have a group with a prefix.

So when I say something it looks like this:

<[Knight] Orcane> Hi

I want it to look like this

[Knight] Orcane: Hi

I have played around with the config files for a while and couldn't seem to find out how to remove them, anyone know how to? [​IMG]

Thirdly, anyone know a good plugin to make portals and a random teleport portal?

Thanks

~Orcane

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  2. Offline

Mrgts

you need essentials chat plugin, if you already have it then go to the essentials folder and click on config.yml
    go to line 532, if you edited the essentials config file, then press ctrl + f and type in find box this:
    Code:
    #format: '&7[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
    above the highlighted message, you should see:
    Code:
    format: '<{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'
    and just remove the < >

Then save & reload

Hope this helps :)

3. Offline

Orcane

Thanks Mrgts! Only It didn't seem to work for me, this is my config file:

format: '&8[&7{GROUP}&8]&f {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&f {MESSAGE}'
    #format: '&7[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'

group-formats:
    # Default: '{WORLDNAME} {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
    # Admins: '{WORLDNAME} &c[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&c {MESSAGE}'

4. @Orcane Do you have EssentialsChat and Vault?

5. Offline

Orcane

6. Offline

oceantheskatr

Could you list all of your plugins please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.