Solved Server on...People on...but "Failed to bind port"?!?!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by endermania, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

endermania

I was trying to install WorldGuard, a "professional" type of plugin that protect's your server's world from creeper explosions, lava, stuff like that. There were a few of my friends on my servers, but i told them all to get off. (Politely.) But when I went to delete the terminal window (start_server.command), I found that it wasn't open! I opened it and gave me the "Failed to bind port" error. (Last login: Wed Mar 14 19:26:02 on ttys001
    {censored for privacy}-Mac-mini:~ {censored for privacy}$ /Users/{censored for privacy}/Desktop/CraftBukkit/start_server.command ; exit;
    177 recipes
    27 achievements
    19:26:12 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.2.3
    19:26:12 [INFO] Loading properties
    19:26:12 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    19:26:12 [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    19:26:12 [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Address already in use19:26:12 [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?) (I put it in red type and put in the {censored for privacy} signs XD) The weird thing was, I and other people could still access my server! What did I do?!

2. Offline

c0mp

Restart your computer, or kill any running java processes, then try launching the server again.

3. If it doesn't work, restart the computer! Never heard of that?! :)

Also, that will solve your problem.

4. Offline

endermania

Ok it worked. :))))) Thanks but i kinda figured it out on may own but thx anyway.... What does"bump" mean?

5. Offline

TheNoobWar

If your talking about a thread "bump" it means to push the thread up to the top of active threads so people can notice it.

6. Offline

endermania

Ok, thx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.