Server Log Pro

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by IdealIdeas, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Offline

IdealIdeas

All The Features:
    - Creates a new file that tracks and stores chat messages in a separate file, and leaves the rest in the server log file.

- Commands used by players will also show up in the Chat file and will also mention if the command was denied or had an error. If the command resulted in an error, the plugin will create a timestamp the server owner can use to search for the error quicker.

- Errors will be directed to a third file labeled ErrorsLog, and logs only errors.

- The Server Log file will store everything else.

- The plugin would come with a config file that will let us set an expiration period at which the plugin removes old logged data.

2. Offline

Codisimus

My suggestion is separate folders rather than files. Then you can how files for each day/week/month so it would be much easier to delete old logs.

3. Offline

IdealIdeas

It would be better if I could automate it.

4. Offline

Codisimus

IdealIdeas I am still saying that it should be automated. but you do not want a plugin reading through logs to find stuff that is over a month old. It is much simpler to code (and more efficient to run) if it can simply delete specific files.

5. Offline

IdealIdeas

oh, right on then.

6. Offline

zack6849

You could check out SuperLogger which has most of the features you requested.