Server list MOTD?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by mattjtv, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mattjtv

Not the essentials MOTD, but the one in server properties file. I set mine as §6§l§oMC.MATTJTV.com§r - §a1.4.2, but it shows question marks in the actual list. Just look at this, and help me! Thanks!(btw, there are no users there because it is 11:21pm, and I just reloaded the server) Screen Shot 2012-11-04 at 11.15.46 PM.png

I came to the conclusion that that little symbol thing causes the question marks, but the & sign doesn't work at all!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  2. Offline

mattjtv

Ok, no more question marks! I stopped using § and started using the \u00A79 (the bold number can be replaced by a color code), but I can't bold, or make italics! I tried \u00A7l and \u00A7o, but nothing! Please help me, TnT !

3. Offline

afistofirony

This isn't recommended until server lists upgrade their pinging protocol. The \u00A7 character is not supported by the 1.3 protocol (which is what most current server lists run on). Because of the error, many server lists regard your server as offline - which damages its reputation.

Even so, if you're still interested in the colors, try this for your MOTD line:
    Code:
    motd=\u00A76\u00A7l\u00A7oMC.MATTJTV.com\u00A77 -\u00A7a 1.4.2

4. Offline

mattjtv

bump!

I am trying to get the text bolded!

Anyone know?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

5. Offline

mattjtv

Ah! I thought there was a way to do this without a plugin! Shucks.... but thanks!

How do I make this post "Solved"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.