Server Lag, Lower TPS, Dedicated Server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Slappygilmore, May 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Slappygilmore

Performance AMD
    Windows Server 2012
    Hexa-Core Processor Speed 6 Cores x 2.8 GHz
    (3.3 Turbo Core) RAM16 GB DDR3 ECC Hard-disk space 1,000 GB
    (2 x 1,000 SATA )RAIDSoftware RAID 1
    100Mb/s Uplink
    I've recently switched to this new host 1&1, this is my first dedicated server; in which reason we decided to use a Windows Server 2012. We've recently had some issues with TPS on my server.
    The server has 4GB of RAM dedicated to it, as we are hosting it as a hub server. When I type /lag in the game I receive reports of 4-5/20 TPS with only about 20-30 players on. There are no errors coming from the console; we've updated every plugin except for Factions. Every time we try to update Factions it doesn't seem to work. That doesn't matter right now though, I need to understand where my lag is coming from. Even though it says the server has 4TPS and I check the computer only about 15% of the CPU is being used. Is there anyway I can make it so multiple cores are being used to host each server. Could this be the problem I'm having resulting in slow TPS counts?

2. Offline

warddijk

Maybe a very late response... But have you checked your hard disk activity and the speed of your harddisk? At my servers the harddisk once was a problem. Now it's running on an SSD with no problems at all.
    Maybe you also should check out Spigot, it's a slimmed-down Bukkit version (much more efficient).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.