Server Keeps Crashing

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by killerinthenite, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

killerinthenite

First, console gets spammed with hundreds of "Reached end of stream for (player ip), and the players get kicked. Then, console is spammed with hundreds of "(player ip) lost connection." After this happens, console is spammed with "(player name) lost connection:endOfStream." This crash happens about every 15 minutes, and we can't figure out what is causing it. About a minute after the crash, the server goes back up again. The issue started around 9:30 A.M. CDT today and is still happening. One more thing is when the server is not down, the tps is below 15.

Here is the log or the error: http://pastebin.com/RKPFj9Ut

2. Offline

LandonTheGeek

killerinthenite
    This seems very strange! How much RAM is included with the server, and how many players were on at that time?

3. Offline

killerinthenite

The server has 4gb of ram and has about 25-30 players are on when it crashes. This has never happened before.

4. Offline

LandonTheGeek

killerinthenite
    Alright. Let's crawl into this more. First of all, would you please list your plugins? :) Are there any that are "huge" you could say?

5. Offline

killerinthenite

AntiX, ArenaSpleef, AutoRank, BattleArena, BattleTracker, ChatProtectionPlus, ChestShop, ClearLag, ColourFireWorks, CombatLog, CommandCooldown, CoreProtect, Easy_Fireworks, Enjin Minecraft Plugin, Factions, LagMeter, LinksOnSigns, LWC, mcMMO, MobArena, MobArmor, Multiverse-Core, Multiverse-Inventories, NoCheatPlus, NoSwear, PermissionsEx, PlayerHeads, PvPTimer, Referrals, SignEdit, SimpleAutoAnnouncer, SimpleRegionMarket, StandardBooks, TreeAssist, Vault, VoteNow, Votifier, WorldBorder, WorldEdit, WorldGuard

I don't think there are any that are too big.

6. Offline

LandonTheGeek

killerinthenite
    This could definitely mean something. You have 40 plugins, 25-30 players on with 4GB RAM when it crashes. And your plugins, MV-Core, and those others can get pretty resource demanding when you have more worlds.

Bukkit, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that you may have a bit too many plugins to run with your server.

7. Offline

killerinthenite

HelpfulBeast
    I understand what you mean, but we have had 50 players on with the same amount of plugins and ram. Why would the server just start acting up today?

8. Offline

LandonTheGeek

killerinthenite
    Have you created any more worlds? Like I said, worlds are very resource demanding. Across from the faction that you have so many players loading in chunks. :)

9. Offline

killerinthenite

I just deleted 2 unused worlds and 4 unnecessary plugins. Thanks for the help. I'll respond if the server crashes again.

HelpfulBeast likes this.
  10. Offline

schmidt73

I had this exact same problem earlier today, and I have different plugins. None of theses glitches have happened until today too and it happens every like 10 minutes for me and everyone lags out and then are kicked sometimes but not others.

Also do you get that same error before the server starts up?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  11. Offline

blamethedogs

This has nothing to do with ram or server power, plugins or anything of that sort. I've been experiencing this problem since early this morning. It isn't caused by a plugin, it's a Minecraft bug that occurs when someone refreshes their server list (Or simply logs onto Minecraft and clicks multiplayer) There are many complaints of this floating around the internet, but for some reason a lot more people have been experiencing the bug today.

[​IMG]
    Here's an example

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

obscurehero likes this.
  12. Offline

schmidt73

exact same problem on startup and on crash

<removed unnecessary swearing - Iroh>

13. Offline

killerinthenite

blamethedogs
    I have been experiencing the end of steam bug since 1.6, but the server has not crashed from it until today. The difference is when my server crashes, it spams it 100s of time.

14. Offline

blamethedogs

It's on Mojang to fix this bug (correct me if I'm wrong). I mean, by the way it sounds, it's a problem with Minecraft itself. Doesn't it amaze you that Mojang, being a "Professional" company is supposed to be fixing bugs, and yet we get more bugs, ones that make the game unplayable. They must have their heads pretty far up their Swedish asses to get this shit passed through and as an update for a game that over 11 Million people play.

So all I can say is; Really Mojang?

15. Offline

killerinthenite

schmidt73
    Yes, this error also happens on startup. Also, whenever I restart my server today, it takes an unusually long time to start up.

16. Offline

obscurehero

I thought this was an issue with the protocol or something like that. Basically its not your fault, its a minecraft protocol issue or maybe connection to the authentication server?

17. Offline

LandonTheGeek

obscurehero
    Hmm... That's nice to know.

Just gave my input on what my theory was! :)

18. Offline

Jade

EndOfStream is an error when the server stops sending data to the client, so it probably has something to do with the server. My 1.6.2 servers are all running perfectly fine, the only EndOfStreams are from pinging it on the serverlist.

HelpfulBeast likes this.
  19. Offline

killerinthenite

It seems like the crashing has stopped, but the server's tps is still at 10. Is there a way to fix this?

20. Offline

blamethedogs

I'm almost %100 there's no way to fix it. Like I said, It's on Mojang.

21. Offline

Niknea

I get the same thing. Ill see what plugins we have the same of and tell you. We can figure it from there

Common plugins: clearlag combatlog factions mobarena multiverse nocheatplus pex vault votifer worldedit and world guard. Which 4 plugins did you remove? So we can also take those out. killerinthenite

22. Offline

MegaNarwhal

2013-07-23 08:19:39 [INFO] horseylover101 issued server command: /effect horseylover101 speed 500000 20
    2013-07-23 08:19:39 [INFO] horseylover101: Given SPEED (ID 1) * 20 to horseylover101 for 10000000 seconds
    2013-07-23 08:19:39 [INFO] horseylover101 issued server command: /effect horseylover101 jump 500000 50
    2013-07-23 08:19:39 [INFO] horseylover101: Given JUMP (ID 8) * 50 to horseylover101 for 10000000 seconds
    2013-07-23 08:19:39 [INFO] horseylover101 issued server command: /hm==gmc
    2013-07-23 08:19:39 [INFO] horseylover101 issued server command: /gmc
    Looks like this player ran around a little too fast and loaded too many chunks too fast. The end of stream messages are just someone refreshing their server list. I'd take away permission for /effect and see if that stops the issue.

23. Offline

TnT

You have two issues here:
    1) [SEVERE] Reached end of stream for /74.78.246.119
    • This is normal in 1.6 and not a concern. While annoying, this isn't causing an actual problem.
    2) [INFO] enielcarey lost connection: disconnect.endOfStream
    • This, however, is a concern. The client is getting kicked off the server due to a interruption in the network traffic (as Jade advised). This can be caused by either plugins, a corrupt world, a world with too many entities in a small area, or a bad network connection to the server. You can troubleshoot this by running a default CraftBukkit server (no plugins and a new world) and see what happens - if your clients stay connected without issue, try running with a copy of your regular world on a CraftBukkit server (no plugins). If you still have success, start adding plugins and testing until you no longer have success.

24. Offline

Taketheword

My server runs 40+ plugins, holds about 20 players at 4gb of ram and it does fine. I don't think the amount of plugins is a problem. BUT, with that many worlds, plugins, and players, the server could run out of memory which = a crash.

25. Offline

Jemuz

I have 1GB RAM 30 plugins and 1-25 players on my server and it never crashes

26. Offline

Niknea

Could this also be an non updated plugin?

27. Offline

TnT

If the plugin ties into NMS, we have a safeguard to stop those plugins and generate a stack trace if its outdated. However, if the developer of that plugin has decided he knows best for your server and bypassed it, sure, it could definitely cause problems shown above.

28. Offline

Niknea

But chances of that it unlikely so it's either a plugin or a corrupted world. Alright. I got the some thing so I got to go to and figure it out. Thanks TNT for telling me what it is though.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.