SERVER IS RUNNING IN OFFLINE/INSECURE MODE!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by CarTulo02, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CarTulo02

Hello, i need with with my server when i open the start.bat apear a error that say

14:30:55 [ADVERT╩NCIA] **** SERVER IS RUNNING IN OFFLINE/INSECURE MODE!
    14:30:55 [ADVERT╩NCIA] The server will make no attempt to authenticate usernames
    . Beware.
    14:30:55 [ADVERT╩NCIA] While this makes the game possible to play without intern
    et access, it also opens up the ability for hackers to connect with any username
    they choose.
    14:30:55 [ADVERT╩NCIA] To change this, set "online-mode" to "true" in the server
    .properties file.

Who can help me ?

SyplexYT likes this.
  2. Offline

wowzersam

CarTulo02 Go to your server.properties, scroll down until you see "ONLINE MODE: FALSE" set that to TRUE

3. Offline

Bobcat00

If that doesn't work, post your server.properties and start.bat files.

4. Offline

lecraeman

Offline Mode makes it so that people with CRACKED minecraft clients can join, but the cache is that they can join as ANYONE they want. The other guys already answered your question, but this is NOT on by default...so I am wondering if you intended to do it, and the message just scared you?

If you INTENDED to do it, and are just worried about that message...then you can get a plugin that requires people to log in with /login before they can do anything!

5. Offline

scenecraft

We do not support Offline Server

Reported.

6. Offline

lecraeman

• Personal attacks are not welcome here

Who me?

I don't know if you're reporting me or the person who submitted this thread, but you're stupid.

I was unaware of that rule, and why wouldn't we support something that comes with DEFAULT minecraft and bukkit servers?

Get a life and leave.

7. Offline

BlueMustache

Don't be that guy! :mad:

8. Offline

JaguarJo

There have been several threads on this and here's a quote from TnT that partly explains it:
    The rest of that specific thread is here, but there have been other threads on it in the past and they all say the same thing. Bukkit does not support offline mode servers.

9. Offline

lecraeman

IKR! It's stupid.

That is terrible, but I will respect it because it's rules. However, scenecraft was being stupid. The user was asking how to disable it, and I was explaining what it was, and what you should do. He could have easily said "Hey Guys! Offline mode is unsupported, sorry!", but instead he just reports one of us(Or maybe both of us)? He is a trouble maker...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  10. Offline

TnT

Locked. As stated, we can only support online mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.