Plugin Help Server info walls... visiaul alternative (paintings)?

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Jamesol1, Aug 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jamesol1

I've noticed on some very polished servers they often have these paintings with a custom image of which more often then not displays information. I was wondering is there a way of doing this without replacing the standard minecraft paintings? Players seems to hate reading walls of text... I'm looking for a more visual alterntive. Does anyone know a plugin that covers this?

I do think perhaps player info books may be better than text walls. For one you can make it so players can use a kit which gives them written books so they can read up when ever. Alterntively there is a plugin such as a chest commands where upon players doing set command such as /help.. you can configure icons in a GUI inventory to display text for the player for their in game chat which they then read. But upon joining a server you of course don't want to just have to do /help and read up everything... you want to be shown things. /help is great for when players are out in the wilderness.

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@Jamesol1
    1. If you only care about text, you can use HolographicDisplays to create walls of text without needing to set up images.
    2. If you really care about it being maps, or need to load images as well as text, use my PixelPrinter plugin. In it, you can load image files into maps to display on a wall.

Jamesol1 likes this.
  3. Offline

Jamesol1

@Zombie_Striker
    Pixelprinter looks great thanks! Does it create any kind of lagg?

4. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@Jamesol1
    No. Most of the calculations are done asynchronously, so the server itself should not lag.

Jamesol1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.