Question Server hub with one server?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Spike91347, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Spike91347

Hello everyone!

My name is Spike91347 and I have a few questions to ask and hope I can get some help!

What do I want to do firstly?
    For a while I have been studying minecraft networks and been thinking to myself - "I want to make my own one". This would be a project I will do for fun and for others and not for the money (though money is a added bonus). I feel that many big servers don't listen to their community so I want to make a server with players choice and a nice small community.

Sadly I currently don't have the sort of money I need to create a minecraft network :( . I have looked online and found out some really cool Minecraft Networks that only use 1 server and use mutliverse/multiworld as the other servers. They then use a plugin (I think) that enables them to block certain plugins from being used in that world to create a different "server".

My questions
    - What plugin is used to allow/disallow plugins to be used in other worlds.

- What is best used? Multiverse or Multiworld

- Are all plugins able to be blocked in a world?

- How much RAM would I need for about 3 "servers".

- If anyone is able to help me with this - That would be cool :p

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read this and I thank you in advance for any help you can give me!

2. Offline

oceantheskatr

My questions
    - What plugin is used to allow/disallow plugins to be used in other worlds.
    Google is your friend. Upon searching "Per World Plugins" this came up: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/perworldplugins/

- What is best used? Multiverse or Multiworld
    Multiverse is the more popular one from what I know, plus combined with Multiverse-Inventories and Multiverse-Portals it'll be perfect for what you're looking to do.

- Are all plugins able to be blocked in a world?
    Should be able to yes

- How much RAM would I need for about 3 "servers".
    Based on the gamemodes you're going to be using it will vary as some plugins are a lot more resource heavy than others. I would say that 5-6GB is a safe amount for what you're doing though you may need more if you get a lot of players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.