Solved SERVER HELP! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by biggnft19, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

biggnft19

I had my server up and running for a long time and when i uninstalled java and reinstalled it i get this when i run my server CMD:

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    Press any key to continue . . .

Can someone please help me solve this? I have the java JRE installed and i know its working because i can use the MineCraft client. My CraftBukkit version is: 1.5.1-R0.1

2. Offline

astroskillz

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=java'+is+not+r...ommand+operable+program+or+batch+file.+bukkit

3. Offline

breezeyboy

Ok Mr.Rude

http://www.google.com/search?btnG=1...ommand+operable+program+or+batch+file.+bukkit

4. Offline

astroskillz

Let me make it easier for you.

Step 1: Click the link
    Step 2: Wait for the cool typing thing to finish
    Step 3: Click one of the link or videos. Ta-dah

No but seriously, it's so easy to find. If you don't do a small bit if research yourself, there is no point of even hosting a server.

We're not your personal assistants. Do something for yourself too, before asking.

I wish I would've thought about that =P

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
    Super User likes this.
  5. Offline

biggnft19

I have done some research. I've had my server up and running for about a year now and i've encountered this problem before. I tried the fixes i know. That why i requested help from the Bukkit community

6. Offline

breezeyboy

Try reinstalling bukkit... What os are u running and r u running 64 bit or 32 bit?

7. Offline

astroskillz

I can't believe that if you're really "hosting" for one year, you're running on a desktop pc.

But ok. I'll make it easier for you. Go to http://google.com and type in "How to setup a Bukkit server". Click the first link and scroll down to the Windows part.

Super User likes this.
  8. Offline

biggnft19

I'm running a 64 bit Desktop with windows 7

9. Offline

astroskillz

How would you manage to "reinstall" bukkit?

10. Offline

biggnft19

I don't need nor want help from you anymore

You delete the CraftBukkit.jar and insert a new one

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
    breezeyboy likes this.
  11. Offline

breezeyboy

Oops... I ment try to reinstall java

12. Offline

biggnft19

That is what caused the problem for me. I am going to try a complete reconstruction of my server files

13. Offline

breezeyboy

14. Offline

astroskillz

15. Offline

breezeyboy

16. Offline

astroskillz

Excuse me? Obviously that comment wasn't there when I posted it. And now you're flaming me. You know what the thing is, for every little word I say I get reported and I'm just trying to help out people. I was giving you little hints to try to make you find it yourself, but apperantly we need to do it all for you.

And just so you know, that link is stated here: http://wiki.bukkit.org/Setting_up_a_server (Scroll down until you see "Windows" and see where it says about the java error)

17. Offline

breezeyboy

Its called bukkit help because you help people... It would be called bukkit hints if they where asking for hints. They want help not hints

18. Offline

astroskillz

I was giving out hints because it was so easy to find if you would've search for it by yourself.

I'm not even going to respond anymore. Good luck with your server.

19. Offline

biggnft19

You did not help me at all. I figured out what was wrong. When you click the download link on the Java website it sends you to the correct bit according to your browser. So for instance if you were running a 64 bit computer with a 32 bit browser the Java website would give you the download link for the 32 bit java.

20. Offline

Super User

It should be called Bukkit Do Your Own Research Before You Post. Google 'Java Change Enviorment Paths'. If that doesn't work suprisingly change your start.bat
    Change Java to the actual Java path. The problem is its not finding the command Java. This should fix it.

Edit: I have to side with Astro on this, this was a simple fix and there are countless number of tutorials on this. Most people on BH who have been here awhile get annoyed with these whiny kids who don't know what Java is.

Also you can't install CraftBukkit.

Denny6526 and astroskillz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.