Server Freezing/CPU Problem

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by TheChinski, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheChinski

Hello all!

My server of upto 35 players has been running fine for awhile now, yet in the past day I have encountered quite the evil problem. Last night I came on to find the whole mac it was running on suffering with extreme lag. So I was forced to kill the process and since then, everytime I start I get this weird CPU ussage CPU.png . When on the low usage periods, nothing seems to work, and during the high periods, it seems to run briefly. Everytime a player joins it lags like mad, and usually it freezes after awhile.

This problem has me completely baffled, as nothing I'm aware of has changed. Last night, before the initial crash I did remove three plugins (AntiCaps, AntiBot, CensorShip) but that is it. Oh, and I also found my iMac indexing itself this morning.

Any help would be absurdly appreciated! :)

One more thing I forgot to mention, when the server is left running, the CP spikes run longer. So its more low for 10 seconds, high for 10 seconds - Instead of low, high, low, high etc. :->

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.