Server freezes but chat works?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by eat_potato, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

eat_potato

About EVERY five minutes- my server freezes but CHAT does not freeze- this means COMMANDS don't work, chunks don't load, and players are all frozen from eachother's perspective, but chat is still swift with players spamming 'lag' and other various things, and obviously, the autobroadcaster isn't working. These lag spikes last for 25-40 seconds, usually kicking 3 or 4 players, and everybodies position moving back to where the lag spike started, usually triggers all the attempted commands during lag, i.e /spawn etc. Alot of players have QUIT due to the lag, I am not sure of the problem.

14.12 11:41:27 [Server] WARN Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 29409ms behind, skipping 588 tick(s)

Plugin list:

14.12 11:45:48 [Server] INFO Plugins (19): WorldBorder, LinksOnSigns, AlphaChest, WorldEdit, NoCheatPlus, VoteMe, Vault, PermissionsEx, Votifier, GAListener, WorldGuard, EasyBroadcast, Essentials, EssentialsProtect, EssentialsSpawn, CombatLog, Enjin Minecraft Plugin, EssentialsChat, EssentialsAntiBuild

Specs (host);

7 GB ram

45 GB disk space

Dedicated IP?

Node located in Los Angeles.

2. Offline

TheOnlyRealTGS

3. Offline

eat_potato

On 2% almost all the time if that's what you mean

-.-

4. Offline

mazentheamazin

eat_potato
    Paste your Startup log please. As well as
    He ment what CPU you were using. I am guessing that you're using a host so you wouldn't know.

5. Offline

Gater12

eat_potato Welcome to the Time Freeze dimension! I've had this too with my server. What I did was I changed ports (closed 25565 and opened 25566) and changed it back a day later. Everything went back to smooth operation like butter. Didn't really know what happened, probably too many plugins...

6. Offline

mazentheamazin

He is using a host, so I don't think is able to do that..

7. Offline

eat_potato

[Server] WARN Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 29409ms behind, skipping 588 tick(s)

This usually means the TPS drops extremely low all a sudden, right?

well...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2016
  8. Offline

eat_potato

Really helpful..

9. Offline

Necrodoom

10. Damn, I had this problem to, I guess it solved itself.

11. Offline

eat_potato

UPDATE:
    it seems to be the map causing the lag.

I switched map to a few temporary ones with 20-40 players online and there were absolutely no lag spikes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.