Server Dies Hard in CB# 998-1016

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Pythros, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Pythros

Help! I have no idea where to start. I've disabled plugins left and right and even tried different builds and the server dies and restarts itself. The bulk of the amount was in build 1000. I had no problems when I was in CB 990 before I updated to 1000. The zip, here, contains my server log, WG report of plugins, and the log files java outputted during the crash. Any help would be appreciated. For now, I'm trying build 998 to see if that will work as some plugins I am now using need 997+. --- This doesn't work, using 990 now.

1. What OS are you using (Brand and version - Ex. Windows XP SP3)?
    2. What architecture is the OS you are running (x64 or x86)?
    3. What version and architecture is your java install?
    Linux mc.hxfr.net 2.6.18-238.12.1.el5xen #1 SMP Tue May 31 14:02:29 EDT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    java version "1.4.2"
    gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-50)

4. Are you running any wrappers? McMyAdmin, mcadmin, Hamachi, etc? Minecraft Remote Toolkit
    5. What build of CraftBukkit are you running? (do NOT say latest. Say the build number.) 1000 and 1016 1016 did it twice before I tried 998. 998 did it once and so I'm stick with 990 for now.
    6. What command are you using to run your CraftBukkit server?
    Code:
    -server,-Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal,-XX\:+UseFastAccessorMethods, -XX\:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions, -XX\:+UseG1GC, -XX\:ParallelGCThreads\=2, -XX\:+CMSIncrementalPacing, -XX\:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary, -XX\:SurvivorRatio\=10, -XX\:NewRatio\=4, -XX\:UseSSE\=3
    7. What plugins are you running? See "attached"
    8. What error are you getting (post your server.log file)? See "attached"
    9. What have you tried already? See above
    10. Have you tried any of the things below? Yes...

I just realized I didn't answer #6 properly... Updated....

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  2. Offline

gsand

How much RAM do you have allocated to that server instance?

How much RAM do you have TOTAL?

3. Offline

Pythros

6gb allocated to the server. I have a total of 8gb.
    I have another MC server running on the same machine that is used for testing minute things that is on cb1000 that is allocated 1gb. However, that one hasn't crashed yet?

Minecraft is the only thing I had running on this server.

4. Offline

TnT

If this line is true: java version "1.4.2" it is definitely your problem.

You need - bare minimum - Java 1.5. It is recommended to use Java 1.6.

5. Offline

Pythros

Ah. I didn't set the server up initially. I'll do that.

6. Offline

Pythros

That appear to had did the trick. Thanks.
    Now why does all my memory and swap get eaten up fast in the new builds =S

odielag likes this.
  7. Offline

odielag

If you don't mind trying something... you could install sun jdk 1.7 instead of java 1.6... my server with 16 people that's been up for hours doesn't go over the 1gb mark even with 12gb max allocated. It was tricky for me to install though... eventually I found a post that said I had to do "yum remove jdk" to remove the 1.6 and allow 1.7 to install manually.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/su...ory-much-better-for-my-server-it-seems.27641/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.