Server crashing, no error.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by xBlueXFoxx, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

xBlueXFoxx

Well I've seen a few topics and I assume this is 1.3+ related, my server today since I just switched between 2 different hosts and suddenly I began having an issue, my server is randomly stopping, without any severe error codes in the startup/shut down, or really any warnings or defects while the server's running. I've taken all necessary steps that I would typically take when dealing with plugin flaws, check for corruption, update bukkit to its latest build/dev build, make sure mcmyadmin is up to date, then start looking into logs for error codes related to plugin issues, the ones I do see are irrelevant to the crashing. (Epic run on sentence) - I've basically eliminated all variables on this being a plugin related error and I cba disclosing my plugin setup/logs because honestly they won't help.

Steps I've taken
    Updated Plugins
    Updated Bukkit
    Updated Java
    Checked the world for errors, and tested a clean world.
    Tried launching without McMyAdmin
    Tried running with no plugins
    All my maps are on a RAM disk, and my database is on a different near by server, so I doubt this is I/O related.

Server specs
    RAM: 16gb DDR3
    HDD: 250gb 15,000RPM Hard Drive
    CPU(s): Dual L540 Intel Xeon quad core CPU's
    OS: CentOS 6.3 /w Gnome GUI installed (w/o desktop applications)
    Java v7u6

Other facts
    - This is a dedicated machine, not a VPS and not home hosted, I've also sent a message to the host about this issue.
    - The message players receive on the crash is "Read Time Out", but I don't think that serves any use. (This is not the server side "Read Time Out").
    - When it crashes, McMyAdmin states the server has stopped unexpectedly.
    - I think this is Java related possibly an issue with the JVM, but it IS a fresh install of Linux Centos 6.3 that was just made this morning.

2. Offline

Omnitv

3. Offline

xBlueXFoxx

Disregard this topic, everything's been resolved, a serviced called "creeperguard" with my host was enabled that was causing anything on port 25565 to shut down.

OS is clearly x64, Linux CentOS 6.3
    The Java version as I said is 7 update 6, latest version on their site.

I cannot give out my full plugin list, but really they're running pretty much flawless with no errors at all, but here's the common ones I have.

Currently using craftbukkit dev build 1.3.2-R0.2 (Build #02358)

and the crashes happen every 20 minutes or so after startup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.