Server crashing before running command

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by dan14941, Oct 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

dan14941

Im making a plugin to stop a bug with a block from a mod. What i need it to do is replace the block as its placed but as its placed the server crashed because of the bug and the block isn't replaced is there anyway i can replace it even if the server crashes.

By crashes i mean is kicks me off.

2. Offline

AdamQpzm

dan14941 As we've said before, this isn't the place to seek support from mods. This isn't a bug that can be replicated with just Bukkit, therefore we cannot possibly help you.

3. Offline

dan14941

AdamQpzm Pretend i never had any mods and as soon as I place (for instance) a dirt block my client crashes, now I need to remove that dirtblock so the player can't dig it how do you propose I do that? I thought maybe we could keep the chunk loaded and use a blockSetType Material.AIR? But how do we do that inside a onBlockPlaceEvent?

4. Offline

AdamQpzm

dan14941 I wouldn't do that, I'd cancel the event.

5. Offline

dan14941

@AdamQpzmChen how do I detected the block placing then?

6. Offline

AdamQpzm

dan14941 I mean, cancel the BlockPlaceEvent... I'd recommend you read up on the Bukkit events API - here's a link :)

7. Offline

dan14941

AdamQpzm Dosent woTk server kicks me out before it can cancel the block placement and the chunk unloads

8. Offline

AdamQpzm

dan14941 Well this doesn't happen on Bukkit so, again, I cannot help any further than that. Sorry.

9. Offline

dan14941

AdamQpzm Maybe if we could keep the chunk loaded?

10. Offline

AdamQpzm

dan14941 I have absolutely no idea what the bug is so I have no idea if it would help. But if you want to keep a chunk loaded, look into ChunkUnloadEvent

11. Offline

dan14941

AdamQpzm maybe
    Code:
    .getChunk().load()
    would work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.