Solved server connot create log file [fix]

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by pickledkitty13, Nov 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i have found a bug fix for server not creating log file

simply open task mannager
    find windows explorer
    click on it and restart
    then quickly go to your server file and quickly press run.bat
    (that you created)
    if it dosen't work try it few more times

i had that problem it's smothing to do with the windows defender
    hopfully this worked for you :)

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@pickledkitty13 Might be easier to start the server with cmd and see what is wrong though

3. @timtower it is started wtih a cmd and shows can't create log file so i did the folowing

4. Offline

5. 2018-11-03 12:15:58,415 main ERROR Unable to move file C:\Users\user\Desktop\server\logs\latest.log to C:\Users\user\Desktop\server\logs\2018-11-03-1.log: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException C:\Users\user\Desktop\server\logs\latest.log -> C:\Users\user\Desktop\server\logs\2018-11-03-1.log
    2018-11-03 12:15:58,420 main ERROR Unable to copy file C:\Users\user\Desktop\server\logs\latest.log to C:\Users\user\Desktop\server\logs\2018-11-03-1.log: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException C:\Users\user\Desktop\server\logs\latest.log -> C:\Users\user\Desktop\server\logs\2018-11-03-1.log
    >2018-11-03 12:16:02,040 Server thread ERROR Unable to write to stream logs/latest.log for appender File: org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.AppenderLoggingException: Error writing to RandomAccessFile logs/latest.log
    2018-11-03 12:16:02,773 Server thread ERROR An exception occurred processing Appender File org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.AppenderLoggingException: Error writing to RandomAccessFile logs/latest.log

6. Offline

7. Offline

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.