Server (cmd) appears then disappears

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Justin Peeler, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Justin Peeler

I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 and backed up all my server info on my external drive then brought it back over to my reformatted drive.

I've never had any issues before but now when I click my start batch file I see the cmd pop up for a fraction of a second then immediately disappear. I've tried recreating my batch file, redownloading my craftbukkit.jar file, have even tried running a different world and creating a new one in case my backup was corrupted. Nothing changes.

I've reconfigured all my port forwarding settings and made my ip static again, I've done literally everything I can think of. It doesn't seem like any of this could be the issue though since I remember first starting up my server even when my settings were wrong the command prompt at least OPENED and didn't just crash like this.

Any idea what could be happening? The only reason I did a fresh install of windows was so Minecraft would run smoothly like it used to a year ago but now I can't play my server at all...

2. Offline

coolbeans00

Reinstall it again? But make backup :)
    I not amazing at helping... Bt it might work...

3. Offline

ImminentFate

can you please post your .bat file? my guess is that you made a small error in there

4. Offline

Mapatti

You could write PAUSE to last line of .bat file so you could see what the problem is.

5. Offline

ImminentFate

putting pause at the end doesnt do anything, it just asks you to "press any key to continue" once you try to stop the server using the /stop command. Leaving it out will run the server properly.

6. Offline

Mapatti

Well if there is problem with launching java/bukkit it will say it in that console. Without PAUSE you can't read it.

7. Offline

Justin Peeler

This is what's in my .bat file:

java -Xms1021M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar

it's the same one I've used for as long as I can remember using a bukkit server.

8. Offline

TheSkiMC

Ok, here's what to do:
    1. Go to Start > Computer > [Right Click] Properties > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables > System Variables > New.
    2. Type the Variable Name as "PATH" (excl. quotation marks) and Variable Value as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre#\bin" (excl. quotation marks) and replace the # with a 6 or 7, depending on the version of Java you are running (I recommend you use Java 7
    3. Save everything and close
    4. Run your batch file again

Arcanedinosaur likes this.
  9. Offline

ImminentFate

oh god, why would you resurrect a dead thread?

10. Offline

Arcanedinosaur

Thank you. This solved my issue of having the RUN.BAT file popping up for a second.

11. Offline

iCreeper902

Rename the craftbukkit.jar to craftbukkit with out verison number and .jar and hope this help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.