Server can't bind to port - Java.exe not running, port not occupied!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Carlos Fuentes, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Carlos Fuentes

Hey guys,

I'm trying to set up a server for my brother and I. I already run another server that's been running for months, so I figured that set-up should be straightforward enough, since it's literally a JUST craftbukkit server - no plugins whatsoever.

So, I've got the server running on port 25565, and it's telling me that port is perhaps already occupied. This is of course preventing the server from running.

Solutions I *have tried*:
    -Restarting the computer
    -Using another port (attempted 25564 and 25567; I changed the port forwarding and the port within serverproperties)

Sooo yeah none of it's working. Here are the specs on the computer I'm trying to run this off of (it's not mine, so I'm not 100% clear on what the specs are):

Quadcore i7 2.8ghz
    6gb RAM
    64-bit Windows 7
    Java 6

I'm not really sure what else I can try. Just to clarify: the server that I've been running for a while now is not run out of the same network as this server, so there is no possibility of conflicting port occupations.

Okay, something new: within server.properties, I left the IP field blank. Now, it binds to the port perfectly fine, but I can't connect to the server via the IP - I can only connect if I type in localhost. This doesn't help me, because I need to connect to the server when away from home.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  2. Offline

Undearius

Are you trying to connect when you're away from home, or will soon be connecting when away from home?
    You use 'localhost' when you're on the same network as the server, but you type the IP of the computer that was used in the port forwarding process and the port number.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.