Server Build Help Needed

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by thecoryguy, May 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

thecoryguy

Heya, Forum

Cory here. Just looking to get some quick advice on putting together a server for myself and a couple friends.

Now, I know Minecraft isn't meant to be modded, but we currently use some that bring more of an "end game" goal to play, rather than building and conquering the End Dragon.

I believe there are ways to automatically check for updates for plugins, and the reason I'd like to have that is because of the busy life I lead, where updating is too time consuming.

I would love to pay for a server host somewhere, upload stuff, and leave it, updating when I'm prompted so that we can just play and go with the 2-3 hours free I get.

Hope that all makes sense.

Any recommendations for builds / plugins I can put together? If things are vague, I'd be happy to answer questions to assist gettin solid info. I wreak of newb.

Thanks all. :)

To note:
    We currently play an RPG style server, with skill trees, spells, and additional creatures thrown into the mix. In case anybody knows of plugins that support automatic updating that fit that genre. :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.